wish more people in Denton felt this way

Marty

Personal Profile: Stephen Blanchard McKinney

09:27 AM CDT on Sunday, July 30, 2006

Stephen Blanchard McKinney

Name: Stephen Blanchard McKinney

Birth date and place: April 30, 1956; Montgomery, Ala.

Family: wife, Ruth; daughter, Devin, 12; and son, Patrick, 14.

The one thing I enjoy most about my work is: the art of real estate negotiation.

My business philosophy is: To provide my clients with first-class advice and service.

If I could, I’d be a: naval aviator flying an F-18.

I’m so sick of: those who do not understand the war on terrorism.

The four guests at my fantasy dinner party would be: George Washington, Robert E. Lee, Theodore Roosevelt and George Patton.

My hobbies are: horses, sport shooting, hunting and Civil War re-enacting.

The last book I read was: Chancellorsville by Stephen W. Sears.

I wish I knew how to: fly a jet.

My worst habit is: working way too much.

Nobody knows I: have been involved in 16 movies and documentaries.

The person I most admire is: Robert E. Lee.

My guilty pleasure is: having a glass of an aged single-malt scotch.

I drive a: 2000 Chevy Suburban.

I’d like to be driving a: 2006 Aston Martin DB9.

My favorite restaurant is: Pappas Bros. Steakhouse.

I’m happiest when: I’m on a horse in some wild place in the Rocky Mountains.

I regret: not getting my doctorate.

If I won the lottery, here’s what I’d do just for me: Take my friends on a 10-day vacation to Ireland and Scotland.

If I could change one thing about Denton, it would be: Have residents fully support University of North Texas football.

Community activities: Denton Rotary Club; Denton Economic Development Board; Greater Lewisville Association of Realtors; Denton Chamber of Commerce; Aubrey, Krum, Pilot Point and Sanger chambers of commerce.

---Absolutely Denton should support UNT much better but a bigger disappointment is that the student support is not what most colleges have. If even 50% came we would have 16,000 people present plus the alums, locals, fan and others including visiting team fans if the opposition was within a few 100 miles.

---Considering the enrollment now, it seems the student support is worse now than it was during the 60's.

--- I like his responses pretty well but I could never leave Ben Franklin off any guest list..politician, diplomat, scientist, publisher, mathematician, businessman, inventor, and super intelligent thinker (maybe the best and smartest person that America has ever produced). How could anyone ever leave a man off that able chase woman (sucessfully) at 80 years old??? LOL

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---Absolutely Denton should support UNT much better but a bigger disappointment is that the student support is not what most colleges have.  If even 50% came we would have 16,000 people present plus the alums, locals, fan and others including visiting team fans if the opposition was within a few 100 miles.

What school do you think has 50% student turnout???

---Absolutely Denton should support UNT much better but a bigger disappointment is that the student support is not what most colleges have.  If even 50% came we would have 16,000 people present plus the alums, locals, fan and others including visiting team fans if the opposition was within a few 100 miles.

---Considering the enrollment now, it seems the student support is worse now than it was during the 60's. 

--- I like his responses pretty well but I could never leave Ben Franklin off any guest list..politician, diplomat, scientist, publisher, mathematician, businessman, inventor, and super intelligent thinker (maybe the best and smartest person that America has ever produced).  How could anyone ever leave a man off that able chase woman (sucessfully) at 80 years old???  LOL

Absolulety correct about Franklin.

Washington would be pleasant and diplomatic, but I wouldn't find his conversation very interesting. Between him, T. Roosevelt and Patton, you would have probably the three biggest egos in American history.

I would rather hear Franklin or Lee talk, but I doubt that either of them would get a chance with T.Roosevelt and Patton running their mouths all the time......about themselves mostly.

I think PHS has a good point.  I'd hazzard a guess that UT has a very low percentage and the the majority of attendance at games is acutally from Alumni.  Almuni that have been built up year after year.

The majority of BCS types attendance doesnt come from students or alumni. It's the casual fan that has never seen the inside of a classroom at that university, the people from the community, the average spare that likes the university due to some loose family connection or they are just a fan of the team. These "t-shirt alumni" are the major fan base for any of the BCS types.

The majority of BCS types attendance doesnt come from students or alumni.  It's the casual fan that has never seen the inside of a classroom at that university,  the people from the community,  the average spare that likes the university due to some loose family connection or they are just a fan of the team.    These  "t-shirt alumni"  are the major fan base for any of the BCS types.

I agree. Here in the "Triangle" of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, you find fans that have painted their homes in Duke blue, NC State red, and even Carolina blue. Judging from the looks of these homes, I would suspect that the people living in them did not get their MBA at Duke.

When I first moved here, people whould demand to know what was my favorite team. I would always reply "North Texas" which seemed to scare them away!

--- I like his responses pretty well but I could never leave Ben Franklin off any guest list..politician, diplomat, scientist, publisher, mathematician, businessman, inventor, and super intelligent thinker (maybe the best and smartest person that America has ever produced).  How could anyone ever leave a man off that able chase woman (sucessfully) at 80 years old???  LOL

Absolutely correct. He has always been on my list as well.

Leave it to this board to criticize someone for leaving somebody off of their list.