Buy or Sell

good_ken

Here's a game I saw on another board, and it goes lie this: I post a football related topic. The next person then indicates a "buy" or "sell" on that topic, and posts a topic of his/her own. The process then repeats.

I'll start: Johnny Quinn goes for 850 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns.

Sell, I think the coaching staff will surprise all, and Meager will be the sole starter.

Next Question:  Meager gives this team SOLID (not O'Brien finalist) production keeping 8 players out of the box for NT RB's.

Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell. Flawed logic here.

1) Meager showed us nothing to indicate that he had the arm to pick apart a defense

2) We don't have a throw first, run second offense

3) The O-line needs to stop the front four first

Next Question:

Phillips will be the starter for QB and will become catch'n'throw buddies with our favorite receiver, #81 JQ

Phillips will be the starter for QB and will become catch'n'throw buddies with our favorite receiver, #81 JQ

Buy.

Phillips showed that he had good composure and the arm to get to the WRs last fall, but the OL had trouble keeping the pressure off long enough for Phillips' wait time before his passes. He looked like he acted faster at the G/W game.

Next:

When Jamario is sitting out for a play or two, we'll see Deavin Cox rip up the turf on the opposition?

Guest JohnDenver

When Jamario is sitting out for a play or two, we'll see Deavin Cox rip up the turf on the opposition?

Sell.

Cox is entirely too small and hasn't shown any game time moves. He showed some moves in the spring ball, but it was against the second string of a sorry defensive unit. It isn't like he was practicing against Priutt, Awasome and Booger every practice.

He is another Jamel Branch until proved otherwise. Too small to be a big time player.

Next:

Woody Wilson will emerge as the playmaker we think he can become.

Edited by JohnDenver

Sell.

Cox is entirely too small and hasn't shown any game time moves. He showed some moves in the spring ball, but it was against the second string of a sorry defensive unit. It isn't like he was practicing against Priutt, Awasome and Booger every practice.

He is another Jamel Branch until proved otherwise. Too small to be a big time player.

Next:

Woody Wilson will emerge as the playmaker we think he can become.

Sell.

We'll see if he's even in the fold.

Next: Tuesday is July 4th and the Denton fireworks show is at Fouts. The athletic department will make ANY attempt to sell season tickets.

Guest GrayEagleOne

good job Zeke, you killed the thread rolleyes.gif

buy/sell:  We will have a top 50 defense this year

Sell.

We will have a greatly improved defense but not a Top 50l at least not this year. I am intrigued by the 3-4 defense and getting Coach Bleil back though.

Buy/sell: The NFL wil actually DRAFT two North Texas players this year.

Sell.

We will have a greatly improved defense but not a Top 50l at least not this year.  I am intrigued by the 3-4 defense and getting Coach Bleil back though.

Buy/sell:  The NFL wil actually DRAFT two North Texas players this year.

Sell: I think Quinn will get drafted, so 1 but not 2.

Buy/Sell: UNT will win 2 OOC games this year.

Buy - if only because I am eternally optimistic.

Buy/Sell: UNT will have more than 1 crowd over 20,000 this year for a football game.

I'll buy that with SMU and La Tech at home we should be able to break 20K twice if not more this year, if not then we really need to think about where we stand.

Buy/Sell: The QB's this year will toss for 2500 yds and 10 TD's

I'll buy that with SMU and La Tech at home we should be able to break 20K twice if not more this year, if not then we really need to think about where we stand.

Buy/Sell:  The QB's this year will toss for 2500 yds and 10 TD's

Sell: This is a huge change from past seasons, and depends on my question...

Buy/Sell: We will run a spread offense this year...

Sell: This is a huge change from past seasons, and depends on my question...

Buy/Sell: We will run a spread offense this year...

Sell: If Phillips is back there we still run on 3rd and 25, and if Woody is there... HE runs on 3rd and 25.

Buy/Sell: The 3-4 brings our defense back from the dismall performance of last year.

Buy. I'll bet the farm on that one. If Wilson doesn't win the starting job we may see him on the field ala slash just to get him out there.

Buy/Sell: Aaron weathers, Ike Thomas, Phillip Graves, and Mo Holman will be all-conference this season

Edited by Eagle-96

Sell: If Phillips is back there we still run on 3rd and 25, and if Woody is there... HE runs on 3rd and 25.

Buy/Sell: The 3-4 brings our defense back from the dismall performance of last year.

Buy: Our defense with a ton of young talent will be better this year with Thomas back, if Raymond and Gilmore make it back then we will be solid, not 2001/02 yet but getting there.

Buy/Sell: Jamario will play every game this coming season

Sell. He has shown he doesn't gain great yardage by his cut, slash, & drive without a few nicks, so if he is successful this year he will likely be held out in at least one game (a la 2004); if the running game is not too successful he will still be keyed on and beaten up near the line, which he can't take constantly.

Buy/Sell: UNT will defeat all conference opponents they play at home this season.

Edited by McK

Buy.

Buy/Sell: RF will go after Silver Eagle in the stands this year, SE puts RF in a figure four leg lock and gains a submission from RF.

Sell. RF is too stubborn to submit and Silver Eagle has to choke him out.

I'll buy the one about winning all our home conf games. Gotta hope for somethin'.

Buy/Sell: The SMU game will be a sell-out only to watch us lose the game thus blowing yet another opportunity to shine in front of a large home crowd.

Buy... I may be negative... but, I saw nothing last year. Therefore, i am left with doubt. Until I see progress I will stay with that.

Buy/sell: We will have a losing record this year.

Edited by Travis

Buy/sell: We will have a losing record this year.

Sell. We lost too many games last year by not a lot of points. Both units will be at least marginally better; which should help us win some conference games.

Buy/Sell: 2006 will see a decrease in the number of 15 yard penalties (unsportsmanlike conduct, etc).

Sell.  We lost too many games last year by not a lot of points.  Both units will be at least marginally better; which should help us win some conference games.

Buy/Sell: 2006 will see a decrease in the number of 15 yard penalties (unsportsmanlike conduct, etc).

Sell. There has not been enough done to show the players that a personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct is unacceptable. Players get a slap on the helmet as opposed to a seat on the bench.

Buy/Sell: We will gain over 200 yards against Texas. laugh.gif