The Mighty Quinn Haulin' @ss at today's meet

JQ just turned in a 21.87 in the 200 meters at Fouts and finished about 8 yards in front of the dude that came in 2nd during that heat. I'm also hearing that he turned in a 10.62 in the 100 as well. Not too damn bad for a football player. I expect JQ to dip down into the 4.3's for his next 40 time. The extra work he's turned in this year has seemed to have truly paid off. Can't wait to see what he does this Fall.

Updated per MGS.com.

JQ's 200 time earned him 16th. His 10.81 in the 100 earned him 11th. He is also on the 4x100 relay team who finished 2nd with a time of 40.22 in the finals. Still, not bad at all for a football player.

Ric

Edited by FirefightnRick

When you initially posted the 10.06 time, I was skeptical, I think JQ is more of a 4.5 or 4.6 40 type guy.

How about this, at the 13-2A district track meet, Aubreys Colt Davis ran a 10.19 100. He broke the state record and also was our running back this season, but from I have heard, hes not interested in athletics after high school.

When you initially posted the 10.06 time, I was skeptical, I think JQ is more of a 4.5 or 4.6 40 type guy.

That's because I was told 10...........6, which I misinterpreted as 10:06. It turned out to be a 10:62. Johnny has improved his running style since we saw him last. In talking with those who attend the meets he's much faster, trackwise now and is expected to run below a 4.5 40, and he's getting better all the time. Consider that this season alone, in the 100 meters, at Baylor he ran an 11.25, at UTA he ran a 10:96 and now a 10:62 at Fouts. So he's improving each outing.

By the way, to give you a comparison of these times the world record which was set in 2005 by Asafa Powell of Jamaica is 9:77. The NCAA record which was set in 1996 by Ato Bolden of UCLA is 9:92.

Rick

What a gay thread

Thats a queer thing to say....

My son Brent won the 100m for the second track meet in a row with a 10.70...three of the coaches there had him at 10.36 but the timer had it at 10.70...They need a better system in High School

Quoner is Michael Scott.

Fun fact of the day:

General Rules:

* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.

* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.

* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.

* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.

* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.

* Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.