Designers selecting mascot for Dallas campus

NTEagle08

Forget the mascot , how is the funding campaign for the new UNT- Oak Cliff stadium coming ? Seating capacity 35,000 ?

The city of Dallas needs a college football team to support. SMU and Paul Quinn have been so sucessful. cool.gif

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I had to post feedback on it like Emmitt. I wonder if the 'moderator' will accept it. This just makes me insane. When so much attention is needed for the school in Denton, here we go with some diversion. Denton is the best location to serve the growth in population. It is such an ideal location. Far enough away from the city center to offer a 'college town' atmosphere, but close enough to offer the metropolitan area's many amenities. NT capitalizes on it to only a fraction of the extent which it should.

Accordingly, I stick with my original suggestion: the Fighting Blue Weasels. And I do believe there are some who influence NT's direction who harbor some dream that someday the Blue Weasels will defeat the Mean Green. Anyone up for a 60s-style sit-in?

...UH-Downtown does not share the same Mascot as UofH's main campus.

As far as I know, none of the UH system schools other than the flagship have sports teams, never mind mascots, and I think that is by design (although they do seem to each have their own colors).

Here in Sugar Land, we have a UH System "campus" (currently one building) where "distance learning" classes are offered by all of the different UH schools. Since my wife has taken some accounting classes offered by UHD over the past few years, I've been there more than a few times. There is an effort made to get the students of the other system schools to support the UH Cougars, and I think that given all of the schools are in the same metro area (even UH-Victoria is only 100 miles away), that is the right approach.

The UNT System would be wise to follow that model, but it doesn't look like they will.

As for the UT and A&M system schools having sports teams, different mascots, and different colors:

- the system schools are not in the same metro area as the flagship

- many of the schools were originally independent

- - UTEP was originally Texas Western U

- - UTA was originally Arlington State U

- - TX A&M Commerce was originally ETSU

- - West TX A&M was originally WTSU

As far as I know, none of the UH system schools other than the flagship have sports teams, never mind mascots, and I think that is by design (although they do seem to each have their own colors).

Here in Sugar Land, we have a UH System "campus" (currently one building) where "distance learning" classes are offered by all of the different UH schools.  Since my wife has taken some accounting classes offered by UHD over the past few years, I've been there more than a few times.  There is an effort made to get the students of the other system schools to support the UH Cougars, and I think that given all of the schools are in the same metro area (even UH-Victoria is only 100 miles away), that is the right approach.

The UNT System would be wise to follow that model, but it doesn't look like they will.

As for the UT and A&M system schools having sports teams, different mascots, and different colors:

- the system schools are not in the same metro area as the flagship

- many of the schools were originally independent

- - UTEP was originally Texas Western U

- - UTA was originally Arlington State U

- - TX A&M Commerce was originally ETSU

- - West TX A&M was originally WTSU

Good post Drummer.

I'm simply drowning here, grasping for anything to hold onto so that I may pull myself back to the surface in order to somehow get a breath of a "GOOD DECISION" made by our university dealing with image, unity and pride for our school.

Win or lose, I need some football to take my mind off of it. September cannot get here soon enough.

Rick