Hook 'em

res1dg16

Guest JohnDenver

Not a North/South flip... it would be correct.

If you pulled the top toward you until it is all the way flipped? I agree ...

But the back of the flag would still be backwards. Is that how flags with Text work? I was looking at my company's flag out front, it as Cisco written the correct way on both sides.

Anyhow, that is all I have smile.gif

mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

Why is my Home State's Name hung upside down...

ignorance..... dry.gif

Let me get this straight. Your problem with this particular flag is that it has the word "Texas" written on it and it's upside down? Ok, so let's say just for the sake of argument I were to find a flag with babies on spikes pictured and the word "Texas" written across the bottom. If I flipped it upside down your point of contention would be that the name of your state is upside down? Hmmmmm

Let me get this straight.  Your problem with this particular flag is that it has the word "Texas" written on it and it's upside down?  Ok, so let's say just for the sake of argument I were to find a flag with babies on spikes pictured and the word "Texas" written across the bottom.  If I flipped it upside down your point of contention would be that the name of your state is upside down?  Hmmmmm

I look at it like this:

The flag represents University of Texas and not the State of Texas.

So having the University of Texas upside down and backwards is not a problem.

Oh good god our mean green board has been turned into an A&M board (cause UT surely isnt OUR biggest rival)... I guess I'll play along then. Might be interesting to see life from the perspective of aggy.

So screw UT, A&M for LIFE! We'll get the shorthorns next year, we have FRAN! VY will never be anything in the NFL... nothing like Reggie at least. Reggie has a pretty throwing motion and a killer "fetal position to avoid a sack" move. Gosh I'm going to miss him. Too bad he didnt have the O-line vince had. Sigh. Everyone else in the state of Texas is just jealous of our tradition. I 'heart' Revellie, the 5 star general in the Corp of Cadets. Mack Brown cant win the big game (well not without his best QB). So what if UT beats us in EVERY SINGLE SPORT year in and year out, but thats ok, our recent bout of mediocrity has allowed us to develop a hell of a rivalry with Texas Tech. Thank God we dont play TCU. We're on the way up! Saw off varsity's horns! WOOOOOOP

Edited by Eagle1855

Oh good god our mean green board has been turned into an A&M board (cause UT surely isnt OUR biggest rival)... I guess I'll play along then. Might be interesting to see life from the perspective of aggy.

So screw UT, A&M for LIFE! We'll get the shorthorns next year, we have FRAN! VY will never be anything in the NFL... nothing like Reggie at least. Reggie has a pretty throwing motion and a killer "fetal position to avoid a sack" move. Gosh I'm going to miss him. Too bad he didnt have the O-line vince had. Sigh. Everyone else in the state of Texas is just jealous of our tradition. I 'heart' Revellie, the 5 star general in the Corp of Cadets. Mack Brown cant win the big game (well not without his best QB). So what if UT beats us in EVERY SINGLE SPORT year in and year out, but thats ok, our recent bout of mediocrity has allowed us to develop a hell of a rivalry with Texas Tech. Thank God we dont play TCU. We're on the way up!  Saw off varsity's horns! WOOOOOOP

Here's my question. Where, in either my post, someone else's post, or the alternate-universe where UT needs defending even when they're not challenged, did anyone bring up hating UT? I make a comment about how unt_playmaker latched onto the most assinine of Texas patriotism and it's somehow a bash on UT? Hmmm

the flag is in bad taste due to dimwits from oklahoma who just recently acquired internet and photoshop capabilities at the Univ of Oklahoma.

but the truth is UT is not our biggest rival or even our rival, they just arent, UNT's rivals are none, because we have no annual rival game. UT's has OK, A&M, and the occasionally arkansas.

Let those guys worry about UT, and cry and smirk all they want about their natinal championship, it doesnt concern us, we play UT soon, if we ever beat UT at the beginning of the season then we go undeafeated for the season, final!!!!!!!

But i would say though, Emmitt, that for you to consider UNT as one of UT's biggest rivals is a huge compliment for UNT, and that within itself is a big step in our program's direction to where we want to go....

So let's join all the idiots in Aggie-Land in saying SAW-EM OFF!!!

Here's aggy perspective of their own team: laugh.gif

"no more real bonfire, fake bonfire failed to burn (my personal favorite), lost 6 in row to hated Texas, 77-0, loss to Baylor, two losing seasons in 3 years, disastrous 2006 recruiting class, openly mocked by Texas Tech coach in NYT, Cotton Bowl debacle, Iowa State farce, VY vs. Reggie, L'il Debbie snack cakes, list eater, **** tosser, booing at half-empty Kyle field, "can you help me with this", Whataburger drive-thru racial epithets, drug dealing starters, reliance on JUCOs, worst defenses in school history, rectum crew, "WOW", "Hold the Rope", Bama resurgence, TCU resurgence, $ 1 million "donation", post-season weeping, MacIII looking for back-to-back Rose Bowl wins, **** bookstore hurricane preparation . . . "-----An aggy perspective on the aggy football team.

Here's my question.  Where, in either my post, someone else's post, or the alternate-universe where UT needs defending even when they're not challenged, did anyone bring up hating UT?  I make a comment about how unt_playmaker latched onto the most assinine of Texas patriotism and it's somehow a bash on UT?  Hmmm

Oh Emmitt, I did it all because I am a big 12 apologist. and I love UT with every part of my being. Vince Young is my personal savior. Ive been writing Bob Mc Nair and Charley Casserly almost every day begging them to take Vince. When Texas won the national championship, I ran as fast as I could to hop on to that bandwagon. I used to stay up every night wondering whether mack was going to play Simms or Applewhite. Too bad Im not still in college or I would wear my UT shirt to class as much as possible. Wait- I guess that would make me a Texas State student...

give me a break, it was just a joke about A&M. Making fun of aggies is always funny to me. Im probably not alone here, but I would venture to say that most people who went to college in Texas outside of collie station feel the same way...

eat em up cats!

Edited by Eagle1855