Attendence just in...

andrewrozell

I too have been impressed with the crowd of the last 2 home games. I still don't know what has changed to get that many people out. Was there a promotion on campus for Saturday's game as well as Thursday's ?

Someone mentioned that hot dogs were $1 on Thurdays night. I know that wasn't the case Sat. If we have to sell dogs for a buck to get folks in the gym, then we need to do it.

Buy season tickets

Join the Mean Green Club

GO MEAN GREEN

capt negative strikes again!!!

I'm not attempting to be negative, just pointing out the truth. What have I said that has been negative and not truthful. As a former journalist I believe you present the facts and let the public decide, unlike some who want to present the picture as rosy & no work needs to be done.

GreenBat, are you saying that the truth is never negative?! As a journalist you should know better. The truth, like most other comments, suggestions, sentences, etc. are either positive, negative and very rarely neutral. Saying that our season high crowd still leaves the top empty is looking at this very full half glass of milk, quite negatively.

Take the negative comments over to the football forum, they always welcome "truth". Bball fans see Saturday as a great crowd, disappointing loss... and that Bat, is the truth.

GreenBat, are you saying that the truth is never negative?! As a journalist you should know better. The truth, like most other comments, suggestions, sentences, etc. are either positive, negative and very rarely neutral. Saying that our season high crowd still leaves the top empty is looking at this very full half glass of milk, quite negatively.

Take the negative comments over to the football forum, they always welcome "truth". Bball fans see Saturday as a great crowd, disappointing loss... and that Bat, is the truth.

andrewrozell,

No, I'm saying that I'm just presenting the facts for you to interpret. It's up to you how you interpret them. If you see it as a "very full half glass of milk" that is your prerogative. But I have been around North Texas long enough to realize it is really half empty.

I agree that Basketball fans could see the crowd as great, but fans of the University athletic program view it as disappointing. It was disappointing that the team could not pull out a win with the largest crowd of the season.

i dont think anyone is second guessing the fact that the game was a disappointment...but look at the numbers over the last few years...it take Indiana coming in here to get anything worth a damn as attendance....We are actually growing but i guess until the damn pit is standing room only someone will be disappointed....

Back to my hangover

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

I think alot of it is, the basketball team actually is very active within the community. They bring youth players in constantly and last Saturday it was free entry for any youth player in jersey. You add that to the teams winning and you have solid attendance.

Also, Coach Jones' son plays and you see him at the practices and games and he is very approachable. This makes people want to support him. The girls come out and sign pictures for the kids at the kids games.

The Super Pit was meant to be a multipurpose facility and early on they had a few concerts there. In addition they had hoped to host NCAA tournament games but as far as I know that happened only once in the mid 70's and subsequently the NCAA required all tournament venues to seat at least 12,000 and in addition Reunion Arena was built which was a better venue for the area.

Basketball is not the only use.... it is barely large enough for Graduation. Maybe "Sports Guy" did not graduate.

Enrollment is more than double than in the 60's and attendence was often 4000+ then..... agree-- attendence is way too small now..... of course there where no bars and clubs in town to hang out at like now... wasn't much else to do and TV only had a few channels.and no DVDs etc.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Who does not love the PIT, The PIT is excellent, Don't hate the PIT!

Would you like to have UTA's stage?

Would you like to have graduated in the old Admin building?

Would you rather have seen Pearl Jam at Rick's?

The PIT is the 4th Wonder of College Campus buidings/staues as ranked by eeally digest.

1. UT tower

2. # of Domes at Baylor

3. Moody Coliseum

4. Super Pit

5. DKR stadium

6. A&M Bonfire Memorial

7. GB Presidential Library

8. UT Fountains

9. TT Horse ryder statue / Eagle on UNT campus

10. SWT cheese grater building.

Who does not love the PIT, The PIT is excellent, Don't hate the PIT!

Would you like to have UTA's stage?

Would you like to have graduated in the old Admin building?

Would you rather have seen Pearl Jam at Rick's?

The PIT is the 4th Wonder of College Campus buidings/staues as ranked by eeally digest.

1. UT tower

2. # of Domes at Baylor

3. Moody Coliseum

4. Super Pit

5. DKR stadium

6. A&M Bonfire Memorial

7. GB Presidential Library

8. UT Fountains

9. TT Horse ryder statue / Eagle on UNT campus

10. SWT cheese grater building.

I don't know about your other questions, but I would have loved to have seen Pearl Jam at good ole Rick's. Such a small, quaint club....ahhhh, the good old days.