Ok, let's settle a few things

emmitt01

1)Vince Young is no Michael Vick. Period. End of story. Don't bother with a rebuttle. Vick's arm strenght, foot speed, and ability as a quarterback are head and shoulders above VY's. Period. Vince Young is a special player true enough. He's also the recipient of being the first and last option (with the backs and receivers thrown in somewhere in between) when Texas lines up on EVERY play. He will get his yards...goodie.

2)I don't give a rat's ass if Texas is "from the state of Texas." This is about the most tired, backwards argument in the history of this board. When was the last time you had to sit next to a bunch of Florida State, Ohio State or Michigan "fans" and listen to them belittle every possible thing about our alma mater just because Wal-Mart had a sale on UT t-shirts? I can't remember either. If the Klan from Texas gets into a riot against the Aryan brotherhood from Montana you won't see me waving my Texas flag and telling the Klan to "bring one home for the good ol' state of Texas." I'll call both groups ass-holes and hope a good episode of Family Guy is on that night. Likewise with UT, they're just ass-holes who reside in my state.

3)Reggie Bush should be the first pick in the NFL draft. He is an amazing player...yes, better than Vince Young. I don't know if he's a better athlete, he may not be, but he's a better player. Reggie Bush as a tailback is better than Vince Young as a quarterback...step away from your keyboard and tell Vince to give you back the engagement ring because it's true. In the NFL the "zone read" that Vince Young runs is called the "catscan" because the first time he runs it against an NFL defense he will be carted off. Even Michael Vick, who again is the better athlete, doesn't tuck and run anymore because the pounding is too great.

4)Texas will not, let me repeat this, WILL NOT win a national title again next year. With or without Vince Young Oklahoma will not stay down, Ohio State comes to Austin, and a slew of SEC (LSU amongst them) will be greatly improved. Enjoy your cow t-shirts while they last.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many national championships or super bowls has Vick won? Not saying Young is better but don't overrate the guy in Atlanta.

I don't get all this bitterness get over it. UT won, good for them. I'm not changing from green to orange but hey I'm happy for them. I think it was Adler that posted about his experiences in Austin and I agree, the fans there have been fine. OU and Ark I can't say the same for.

Dude,

Vick and Young are both great college QBs. At the pro level, you actually have to learn a playbook and execute it over a 16 game season. Sure, Vick makes great plays from time to time because of his feet. But the guys with the Super Bowl rings are the guys who can throw from the pocket, know the playbook, and have decent run games.

The college game is vastly different from the pro game. It's slower and you can get away with not being consistent. The pro game is for the serious QBs who know the game, not just guys who like to play it and can run fast.

Atlanta didn't even make the playoffs this year. Vick has never played in all 16 games of a season due to various, nagging injuries. Why? Because unlike in his college days, the NFL defenses are fast and strong enough to catch him and and hit him. The same will happen to Vince Young...if he can even learn enough of a playbook to start somewhere.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

dont bother with rebuttle? haha I guess the mighty emmitt, knower of all has spoken.

I guess from now on I will just wait til emmitt posts and base my opinion accordingly, then I dont ever have to worry about being wrong.

we get it, you hate UT.

VY has one of the greatest performances in CFB history, and the first thing you do is come on here and spout your negativity. I cant wait til NT starts winning again. The tone on this board sucks.

Vince Young is no Michael Vick.  Period.  End of story.  Don't bother with a rebuttle.  Vick's arm strenght, foot speed, and ability as a quarterback are head and shoulders above VY's.  Period.  Vince Young is a special player true enough.  He's also the recipient of being the first and last option (with the backs and receivers thrown in somewhere in between) when Texas lines up on EVERY play.  He will get his yards...goodie.

Being the first and last option of your offense means you have the entire defense keying on you, so you're complimenting Young when you say that. Ask Reggie Bush how easy it is to get your yards when the entire defense has you in the crosshairs.

Last night, Young gained the most on the ground of any quarterback in NCAA postseason history, and when you combine it with 267 passing yards and his rushing touchdowns, it was one of the greatest single-game performances by a college quarterback ever.

Michael Vick in college seems a lot like Young to me -- questionable passing and jaw-dropping rushing skills. But I don't recall tacklers bouncing off Vick, and I didn't see him creating the offense Young does with his arm. I wonder if that will be enough for Young to succeed in the NFL in spite of that weird touch-float thing he does throwing the ball.

I don't give a rat's ass if Texas is "from the state of Texas."

Fair enough, but I think it's a shame that the national championship is coming home to Texas and we're hearing all of these "UT beat me up on the way home from school and stole my lunch money" stories from UNT fans. It screams Big Green Inferiority Complex. Just because we have one doesn't mean we should flaunt it.

Reggie Bush should be the first pick in the NFL draft.

And just what position will Bush play in the NFL? Will he be a 200 pound running back? Will he be the first runnign back ever chosen who can only carry the ball 10 times per game? Will he be the first slot reciever ever chosen with the first pick?

Mark my words, Reggie Bush is an excitign college player who will go down with the likes of Rocket Ismail and Peter Warrick: players whose games don't directly translate at the next level.

I do agree with your assessment of next year: LSU and Ohio State will be scary good.

1)Vince Young is no Michael Vick.  Period.  End of story.   Don't bother with a rebuttle.  Vick's arm strenght, foot speed, and ability as a quarterback are head and shoulders above VY's.  Period.  Vince Young is a special player true enough.  He's also the recipient of being the first and last option (with the backs and receivers thrown in somewhere in between) when Texas lines up on EVERY play.  He will get his yards...goodie. 

2)I don't give a rat's ass if Texas is "from the state of Texas."  This is about the most tired, backwards argument in the history of this board.  When was the last time you had to sit next to a bunch of Florida State, Ohio State or Michigan "fans" and listen to them belittle every possible thing about our alma mater just because Wal-Mart had a sale on UT t-shirts?  I can't remember either.  If the Klan from Texas gets into a riot against the Aryan brotherhood from Montana you won't see me waving my Texas flag and telling the Klan to "bring one home for the good ol' state of Texas."  I'll call both groups ass-holes and hope a good episode of Family Guy is on that night.  Likewise with UT, they're just ass-holes who reside in my state.

3)Reggie Bush should be the first pick in the NFL draft.  He is an amazing player...yes, better than Vince Young.  I don't know if he's a better athlete, he may not be, but he's a better player.  Reggie Bush as a tailback is better than Vince Young as a quarterback...step away from your keyboard and tell Vince to give you back the engagement ring because it's true.  In the NFL the "zone read" that Vince Young runs is called the "catscan" because the first time he runs it against an NFL defense he will be carted off.  Even Michael Vick, who again is the better athlete, doesn't tuck and run anymore because the pounding is too great. 

4)Texas will not, let me repeat this, WILL NOT win a national title again next year.  With or without Vince Young Oklahoma will not stay down, Ohio State comes to Austin, and a slew of SEC (LSU amongst them) will be greatly improved.  Enjoy your cow t-shirts while they last.

Did you grow up loving UT, only to be rejected when you applied for school there? Your post comes off sounding like a jealous rant...

and since you're obviously steamed already...

'Vince Young is no Michael Vick'?! I'd say 'Michael Vick is no Vince Young' would be a more accurate statement. Vick had his chance on the same stage (BCS National Championship game) against FSU...he didn't have the game VY did. Refute that.

Edited by TIgreen01

Reggie Bush should be the first pick in the NFL draft.  He is an amazing player...yes, better than Vince Young.  I don't know if he's a better athlete, he may not be, but he's a better player. 

If I'm drafting, I take Reggie Bush. And I root for Texas quite a bit. His style translates to the Pro's better than VY, and he has amazing speed, even for the pros.

That being said, Vince is still a first round pick. He has great leadership abilities. He, quite simply, put that team on his back and led them to a national title.

Emmit you are right about the zone read not being a pro style play. That's why IT IS USED IN COLLEGE!!!! I think Vince can mature in the pro's. He has matured quite nicely in Austin.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

Why the UT hate????? I don't hate people just because they are successful, I actually admire success as long as it is done honestly [unlike what SMU did].

Mentioning the Klan is completely out of line. I doubt anyone on board this supports that group of idiots. Most of the people that support that group are severely uneducated morons that feel threatened by others. They aren't on a college football board. Why that comparison???? Racism by any group has no business being posted here in todays world. Lighten up. Besides there are racists in every group.... usually the totally stupid ones.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Did you grow up loving UT, only to be rejected when you applied for school there?  Your post comes off sounding like a jealous rant...

and since you're obviously steamed already...

'Vince Young is no Michael Vick'?!  I'd say 'Michael Vick is no Vince Young' would be a more accurate statement.  Vick had his chance on the same stage (BCS National Championship game) against FSU...he didn't have the game VY did.  Refute that.

First off, I applied to, was accepted by and chose not to attend UT....just like FSU, Colorado State, Tech, and a slew of other schools. I do appreciate your lame ass attempt at comedy. I can only hope your day job is secure because you won't be headlining the improv anytime soon.

Now, as to VY versus Michael Vick. Let's all throw a parade for Vince Young and the Longhorns. Wait, hold your confetti TI, I think someone may already have that task covered. By your logic Josh Heupel is better than Ken Dorsey and Chris Weinke. They've both lost in the BCS national title game in the last five years. And hey, that Josh Heupel is just tearin it up in the NFL these days huh?

Haven't gone to look but I wonder if TAMU fans are saying.

"Super Texas won our state a national title"

"Fantastic Texas won our conference a national championship"

Or are they saying

"Sh!t, now we have to listen to the whorn fans running their smart-azz mouths about this for the remainder of our lives."

I don't like UT. I do know that they played an outstanding game last night, and that the officiating cut breaks for both schools. I also think that if UT plays next season with the same fervor they played USC, they may very well have another ring to wear at the end of bowl season in 2007.

This year though, the stars basically aligned themselves for Texas, and they proved they deserved that title. We know OU will be a little stronger and that the SEC will be at UT's heels, but the team looks like it's the real deal.

As for USC, J.D. Booty looks like he's going to be a great QB and USC's got plenty of skilled kids to put on the field. Let's look at them still being in the top 5 next season, maybe even calling a rematch on UT.

I liked this one:

I don't think I want to talk football for a little while. I told my girlfriend that she wasn't allowed to talk if they score with 2 minutes left. We haven't spoken since.

I don't know if it was the fact that A&M is no longer even in the same league as t.u., her moron of a dad giving me a hard time (even though he barely graduated high school), or hearing the entire crowd singing "the eyes of texass are upon you."

I quit.

And just what position will Bush play in the NFL?  Will he be a 200 pound running back?  Will he be the first runnign back ever chosen who can only carry the ball 10 times per game?  Will he be the first slot reciever ever chosen with the first pick?

Mark my words, Reggie Bush is an excitign college player who will go down with the likes of Rocket Ismail and Peter Warrick: players whose games don't directly translate at the next level.

I do agree with your assessment of next year: LSU and Ohio State will be scary good.

Reggie Bush fit's the mold of Marshall Faulk. An all purpose back.

Julius Jones is only 200lbs. Tiki Barber has shown he can carry the load. Reggie Bush will be a helluva plater in the league. The man has acceleration like no other. Unreal.

As for the Texas 'love' I just don't get the "you're from Texas be happy" explanation. I highly doubt Tech & aTm fans are saying the same thing. dry.gif

I was cheering for USC the entire time. 8 months of burnt orange boot licking will be hard to take. dry.gif

Edited by Got5onIt

And just what position will Bush play in the NFL? Will he be a 200 pound running back? Will he be the first runnign back ever chosen who can only carry the ball 10 times per game? Will he be the first slot reciever ever chosen with the first pick?

Has anyone told PCobbs to pack it in and get a day job yet? At 195, he certainly has no shot in the NFL dry.gif

As for Vince..I'm a New York Jet fan, and if he's there at #4 they would be crazy not to take him. I'm no UT fan, but the guy is a winner and an incredible athlete, in that order. Give him 2 years to learn the pro game and he'll be successful, no question about it.