Live Press Conference at 10am--new MT coach

KAjunRaider

http://uscsports.collegesports.com/sports/...ill_rick00.html

Here a bio on their new Coach Rick Stockstill.

I watched the press conference and was impressed. His enthusiasm is strong and he has a reputation as one of the hardest working recruiters in the business. He's clearly hungry as this is his first head coaching gig. The flip side is that saying all of this stuff at a press conference is easy, in fact it is easy to do that for the first couple of years. Will he be able to maintain that level of enthusiasm over time remains the question. Andy Mac had the best of intentions and was a good recruiter as well. Over time his enthusiasm lessened and the losses took their toll.

IMHO very shrewd hire by MTSU and their AD.

WHAT THEY ARE SAYING ABOUT RICK STOCKSTILL

Steve Spurrier

Head Coach at South Carolina

"I really enjoyed our one year together at South Carolina. Rick is known as one of best recruiters in country and I think he will be one of the best head coaches as well. We wish him the best at Middle Tennessee and feel like the Blue Raiders got a great man to lead their program."

Tommy Bowden

Head Coach at Clemson

"Middle Tennessee could not have hired a better guy. He is an excellent coach. The players he coached at Clemson improved over their careers and his coaching ability had a lot to do with it. He will bring Middle Tennessee's talent to a new level because he is an excellent recruiter. Rick has always had a great relationship with his players and their families, no matter where he has coached. And, the surrounding community will really like Rick. He will embrace the community and the community will embrace him."

Danny Ford

Former Head Coach at Clemson

"Rick comes from a great football family and did a super job during his time on my staff. He is very thorough, is an excellent teacher, and is one of the best recruiters I have been around. Rick is just a fine person who I know will do a great job leading the Middle Tennessee program."

Lou Holtz

Former Head Coach at South Carolina

"Rick is a very classy individual who possesses true character, integrity, and honesty. He is a great recruiter, has a calm demeanor, and is excellent with the student-athletes in all facets. Middle Tennessee made an excellent choice in Rick Stockstill because he has high standards, is an excellent teacher, and possesses a great football mind."

Bobby Bowden

Head Coach at Florida State

"I think Middle Tennessee made a great choice. When you're looking for a coach to lead your program, it's good to have someone with a lot of different experiences. Rick has that, having worked with different coaches at different schools. He knows football, he's a terrific recruiter, and he knows a lot of people. He'll do great."

Tommy West

Head Coach at Memphis

"Rick is one of the classiest guys in the business. He is a great coach and a great recruiter who relates extremely well with his players. Rick is one of the best assistant coaches I have ever been associated with during my time as a head coach."

Bobby Johnson

Head Coach at Vanderbilt

"I think Middle Tennessee is making a great choice by naming Rick Stockstill as the head coach. I really enjoyed my year at Clemson coaching with Rick. We have kept in touch and I have definitely followed his coaching career. Rick is an outstanding football coach. He will do a great job for Middle Tennessee."

Skip Holtz

Head Coach at East Carolina

"I am a huge fan of Rick Stockstill. He is a bright, energetic, enthusiastic, upbeat player's coach who will do a wonderful job bringing the players together. I think the world of Rick Stockstill and believe Middle Tennessee has made the right move in bringing him in to lead the football program."