A season without at home wins

bison

Cobbs had over 140 yards rushing in the first half and finished with just over 180. Did the O-line get tired? Did ASU make the correct adjustments? I kept thinking "this is where our seniors will win the game for us. Cobbs will march us down the field and Baz will seal the deal as time expires." That was the old Mean Green. A three and out? Please.

ASU had some rowdy fans, congrats on the win. A couple of people in particular were loud, obnoxious, knew nothing about football, and were bragging WAY too much for their first win over us in 5 TRIES. I hope they make it back to the boondocks okay.

Edited by PerryG2480

Bottom Line: 2-9 is not acceptable and something needs to change.  No one on this board is qualified to say what that change should be.

Shaft- 2-9 in the Freaking Sun Belt. It sounds like nobody on the coaching staff is qualified to say what changes should be made - or we can only hope they would have MADE THEM.

Edited by El Paso Eagle

Only the 3rd time in the university history that we have not won any home games.  Pathethic. blink.gif

This is only the second losing season at home in the last 15 years with the other in 1999 when Nt was 1-3 at home. Guess who was coach in 1999. So DD's had the only 2 losing season at home in the last 15 years.

NT has now lost 10 straight OCC games dating back to the last win over Troy in 2003.

In the 54 years of Fouts field NT has gone winless 3 times...0-1 in 1972, 0-4 in 1982 and now 0-5 in 2005.

Bottom Line: 2-9 is not acceptable and something needs to change.  No one on this board is qualified to say what that change should be.

I think it's pretty obvious what that change should be, and everyone knows it, qualified or not. If we're going to be 2-10 next year as DD says anyway, why not make a change now, what do we have to lose?? tongue.gif

Edited by NT80

why only 1 home game in 1972? I don't know the history behind that because I WASN'T EVEN ALIVE the last time we went 0'fer at home.

Only 1 home game at Fouts in 1972. The other 4 home games were played at newly opened Texas Stadium, where we won our only game that season (1-10). That was Rod Rusts last year as coach before Hayden Fry took over in 1973. Humm, no wins at Fouts then new coach comes in.... rolleyes.gif

I think it's pretty obvious what that change should be, and everyone knows it, qualified or not.  If we're going to be 2-10 next year as DD says anyway, why not make a change now, what do we have to lose??   tongue.gif

NT80, I think some of our NT leadership are just as fooled with much of this SBC/Bottom 10 (disguised) success as some of our fans seem to be.

I think we are going to have to eat next year (so to speak). Yet I wish our money people would show more pro-activity by pulling our NT leaders aside and then "point blank" just tell them that this spiralling of our football program just didn't happen overnight; that is, that our lack of recruiting and preparaton of the last 3 or so years was what created the scenarios for this 2005 football season and one where we would lose to FAU (2x's in a row), Tulsa U, La Tech and a near loss over an FIU team who had 8 turnovers in our game with them. If you also add to the aforementioned our 2 most recent bowl losses to 4'th place CUSA teams, it seems some kind of bright light would begin to turn on to those who kept giving DD (unnecessarily) extra years on this contract.

Is there something we laymen are missing with DD's 8 year record of 39 W's & 55 L's that has become koshur for schools like UNT? Is this the mode of operation of other NCAA D1-A schools now? Well, it's not of any NCAA D1-A schools that I've followed or read about the last 30 plus years.

There have been only 2 other years I have ever felt as strongly that an NT head football coaching change needed to be made and that was 1990 with Corky Nelson and 1993 with Dennis Parker. One poster on this board I've know for a long time would confirm that on those 2 strategic years in our program, too.

What are our expectations next year if DD is around and if he doesn't reach them in 2006, either, do we extend to him yet another football season, ie, his 10'th at UNT (and one that he will undoubtedly still be under. 500 in wins/losses)? I hope a handful of people on our campus who are hanging in with all this with Darrell Dickey and SBC/Bottom 10 football understand that their decisions affects thousands in the NT community who will either buy into what they give us or will totally ignore it by their lack of funding their agendas and by not showing up at the stadium. Surely they know that's sort of how it works at most other NCAA D1-A football programs, right? wink.gif

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

We can speculate- if for no other reason than the fact that the change comes to two possibilities:

1.) The staff pulls their heads together and really makes changes on and off the field. That means discipline, smarter recruiting, better playcalling, etc. This will result in better production or at least, fewer stupid penalties.

(That takeback of the JQ return could've put the game into OT)

2.) The staff needs to have some people replaced.