UL-Monroe Sitting Pretty On Top

MeanGreen61

The UL Monroe football team has plenty of time to rest bumps and bruises before making a final push for the Sun Belt Conference title.

After trouncing Troy 27-3 on Saturday, ULM (3-4, 3-0) faces a pair of open dates and 20 days without a game before playing host to Florida International on Nov. 5. As the lone unbeaten left in the Sun Belt, ULM plans to savor the first-place feeling.

"We all feel pretty good about it," ULM offensive tackle Kyle Cunningham said. "The biggest thing is, we all need to get healthy over the next few weeks and not lose our focus. We have to make sure that everybody keeps on their mind that we've got five games left. We need to keep on track."

Full article

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../510190311/1006

"We all feel pretty good about it," ULM offensive tackle Kyle Cunningham said. "The biggest thing is, we all need to get healthy over the next few weeks and not lose our focus. We have to make sure that everybody keeps on their mind that we've got five games left. We need to keep on track."

Full article

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../510190311/1006

Where else but the Belt does a team feel good with a 3-4 record after getting beat by a 1-AA team blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

ALSO

"We've got five games left" - Are they playing 12 this year or is he already counting the Bowl? unsure.gifunsure.gif

Edited by El Paso Eagle

Where else but the Belt does a team feel good with a 3-4 record after getting beat by a 1-AA team blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

ALSO

"We've got five games left" - Are they playing 12 this year or is he already counting the Bowl? unsure.gif  unsure.gif

Are you suggesting that a student at that bastion of academic excellence La-Monroe wouldn't be able to count? For shame. Guess they won't make him a distinguished alumus then. laugh.gif

We smoked the team that beat you. You guys have had less than stellar out of conference records in years you went bowling. Give us our due. Your number is coming up. Am I saying we will win, the conference...no. It is a long way from over, but I do think we deserve more respect than y'all are giving us.

We smoked the team that beat you.  You guys have had less than stellar out of conference records in years you went bowling.  Give us our due.  Your number is coming up.  Am I saying we will win, the conference...no.  It is a long way from over, but I do think we deserve more respect than y'all are giving us.

No. you earn respect tongue.gif

MTSU wins out from here on.

Rick

I'm with Rick on this one. I think that MTSU (as far as I've seen) is far and away the best team in the Sunbelt this year. I think they win out as well. If we can't make it back to the bowl this year, they are the team that I would want to represent the Sunbelt because I feel like they have the best chance to beat the CUSA representative.

ULM has a pretty good team this year...but I just don't see them in New Orle....oops Lafayette biggrin.gif .

Edited by Green Lantern