Worst home loss in UNT history

UNT_playmaker

worst moment in all of sports for me to witness, 4th and 55 in the 4th quarter, what tha F*ck......WTF, seriously, oh no.

tailgating area around me empty for first time ever, right before game, weird

54-2, wow, who would have thought, especially when we were predicted to win by 6 by the line, so much for that from now on. just hope we can turn it around in kstate.

great crowd, horrible loss, amazing how many people left at around 3rd to 4th quarter, wow,

penalties screwed us big time

we have no hope in QB, meager shouldnt even play for TWU or NCTC.

Not Dickeys fault, possibly if anyone flanigan.

our OL really really sucks. defense is inexperienced

but hey defense so far 9 points, offense 7. that from 2 leading rushers

i feel so bad for JT and PC. man thats rough, very

watch attendance drop, recruits drop, and also new fans not coming again

penalties screwed us big time

we have no hope in QB, meager shouldnt even play for TWU or NCTC.

our OL really really sucks. defense is inexperienced

but hey defense so far 9 points, offense 7. that from 2 leading rushers

i feel so bad for JT and PC. man thats rough, very

watch attendance drop, recruits drop, and also new fans not coming again

I actually agree with Playmaker for once!

I actually agree with Playmaker for once!

----A lot of bad decisions, and stupid penalities some that had nothing to do with the play (why so many unsportsmanslike like?) did us in. Being outplayed is one thing but so many bad mental decisons is a diffferent matter (not covering the non-quick kicks, so many first down passing plays without success, passing behind the scrimmage so often, calling time out and passing near games end).

----A lot of bad decisions, and stupid penalities some that had nothing to do with the play (why so many unsportsmanslike like?) did us in.  Being outplayed is one thing but so many bad mental decisons is a diffferent matter (not covering the non-quick kicks, so many first down passing plays without success, passing behind the scrimmage so often, calling time out and passing near games end).

I'd say this is a trademark of DD coached teams--esp. the personal fouls. Also, I have NO idea what is the deal with the first down passing....we did it all game against MTSU and again vs. Tulsa (in the first half). If our coaches have no faith in our QBs then how can anyone explain the playcalling. Cobbs had 17 carries while Thomas had 7. 24 combined touches between the nations 2 leading rushers?!?!??!

All I can say is thank goodness for tailgating! Back before RV instituted this I used to bring family and friends out to the big home games (UH, TCU a couple of times and the one Baylor game we lost at Fouts) and we'd go home after getting beat feeling lousy about the experience. Now at least the entire day at UNT will still be remembered as a great day. I expect a huge drop in attendance from here on out, but I'm hoping that most people feel the same way I do now and just have a good time at UNT for a day.

Personally, I think DD and the coaching staff are responsible for not making sure that certain key players made their grades.  Dang it.  It's not that hard to pass your classes.  The Athletic Dept has a responsiblity to ride the players butts when it comes to making their grades.  That should be priority number one.

mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

I agree 100% and this is one of my touchy subjects that will get me in to full rant.

Boils down to discipline in the classroom, on and off the field. I think the head Coach really sets this tone. Discipline problems have been a trend the last four years.

What is Dickey doing about?

Making excuses.

Right answer should be: "There is NO EXCUSE it won't happen again."

Saw 65 - 0 on the road; saw 54 - 2 at home. I can brag that I* saw the two worst defeats in modern history. They both felt about the same. It took me weeks to get over the last one, thank God we're not at home again this week. With any luck we'll have 12,000 for Tuesday night TV game.

There was a lot at stake in this game to make a good showing. I think the coaches and the players both quit on us for the night in the third quarter. I think it is insanity to keep going back to that screen to Pat and/or flat pass to Pat when it was obvious they were sitting on that play all night. How many times are we going to try that? The MUTS covered it too. Tear that page out of the playbook NOW and come up with something else.

I think the gay caballero in Sec E - Row 16 who bitched because I was making too much noise two rows away from him should be pimp slapped. Without my bride's intervention I might have committed a personal foul last night and been ejected from the game. His boyfriend kept treating the crowd to "the plumber's smile" all night. It's no wonder noone said anything when they left early with their car keys in plain sight and forced them to come back twice to look for them before they found them. People like that should stay home.

Ya'll can tell I had a wonderful time yesterday. I DO NOT LIKE TO LOSE !!! I DO NOT LIKE OUR TEAM TO LOSE!!! I CANNOT STAND FOR NT TO BE UNCOMPETITIVE!!!

That's what I think.

I think the gay caballero in Sec E - Row 16 who bitched because I was making too much noise two rows away from him should be pimp slapped. Without my bride's intervention I might have committed a personal foul last night and been ejected from the game. His boyfriend kept treating the crowd to "the plumber's smile" all night.

What does an obnoxious fan being gay have to do with anything? Would you mention an obnoxious fan's race?

There needs to be a Green Giant-sized a** chewing. Which may not happen since we have a President with no teeth (by virtue of his resignation), and we have a Chancellor who was probably more concerned about the SMU/A&M game ...

It was a good sight for me, and hopefully for our future, to see Chancellor Jackson done up in Green, head to toe, and in attendance at the game. He has to know by now that from the outpouring of support that showed up yesterday on game day, that it does nothing but help his cause to see this program grow and flourish. Something positive at least?

Rick

rcade, you're correct. That did not have anything to do with my point, which was he should stay home if he does not want to be disturbed by a little noise. IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME!!! The a$$hole was drinking, in the stadium, and I should have ratted him out to retaliate...I'm just not that type.

Emmitt and Rudy were three or four rows in front of him and making WAY more noise than me...wonder why he didn't bitch at them?

It was a good sight for me, and hopefully for our future, to see Chancellor Jackson done up in Green, head to toe, and in attendance at the game.  He has to know by now that from the outpouring of support that showed up yesterday on game day, that it does nothing but help his cause to see this program grow and flourish.  Something positive at least?

Rick

I think that's EXCELLENT news. BUMP.

I brought my wife's parents to their first Mean Green game. They won't be back. My father-in-law kept saying. " They keep throwing the same pass to the tight end on the crossing pattern. He's wide open every time. Are they gonna defend that. My answer, "Nope". DD is soooooo worried about the big play that we line up 12 yards off of their receivers and they picked us apart all night, just like MTSU did. This was as embarssing as our loss to UAB when "Simon the Terrible" was coaching.

Edited by Eagle-96

I brought my wife's parents to their first Mean Green game. They won't be back. My father-in-law kept saying. " They keep throwing the same pass to the tight end on the crossing pattern. He's wide open every time. Are they gonna defend that. my answer, "Nope" DD is soooooo worried abou the big play that we line up 12 yards off of their receivers and they picked us apart all night, just like MTSU did. This was as embarssing as our loss to UAB when "Simon the Terrible" was coaching.

Exactly same thing happened to me. My dad just kept shaking his head. I mentioned to him that it sounded like a morgue on our alumni side of the stadium. I had flashbacks to the Simon years. Wait, scratch that - I think this was worse. I didn't think that was possible, but I was proven wrong.

On a positive note, the alumni side was as packed as I have ever seen it. Maybe even more than the baylor game...

Please tell how this is not Dickey's fault, but possibly Flanigan's? Does Flanigan work for Dickey? Is Dickey not the Head Coach and responsible for his players and coaches performances? This loss is utterly embarrasing, and we just lost a lot of new fans that attended this game. I hope you realize that this loss sets this program way back. Sure, the diehards will continue to attend as always, but not the new fans that showed up expecting to see the North Texas team with the last two rushing champions.

North Texas was not prepared, has discipline problems, got thoroughly out-coached, and you say it is not Dickey's fault? Please explain.

rcade, you're correct. That did not have anything to do with my point, which was he should stay home if he does not want to be disturbed by a little noise. IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME!

Thanks. I agree with you about fans who sit on their hands. That used to kill me at Cowboys games when I was a season ticket holder early in the Jimmy Johnson years.

I brought my wife's parents to their first Mean Green game. They won't be back. My father-in-law kept saying. " They keep throwing the same pass to the tight end on the crossing pattern. He's wide open every time. Are they gonna defend that. My answer, "Nope". DD is soooooo worried about the big play that we line up 12 yards off of their receivers and they picked us apart all night, just like MTSU did. This was as embarssing as our loss to UAB when "Simon the Terrible" was coaching.

I know many people that won't be back. The tailgating was great, the stadium acceptable, all was ok until the second, third and fourth quarters. UNT displayed a team that couldn't lay off stupid penalties and coaches that couldn't adjust to the game. We laid an egg in the new fan department. DD should be held accountable. mad.gif

Edited by LoveMG

Sorry, LongJim, but I remember when (was is USC or UCLA) came to Austin a few years ago and planted a real big one on the Horns.  I cannot remember that score at DKR, but it had to be UT's worse point differential home opening loss in their history.

That was 1997 when UT lost to UCLA 66-3 at DKR. The next year it was a bit closer at UCLA (49-31), but still a loss!!