Of All The Performances on Saturday

Eagle-96

The new Diet Coke Guy really stepped it up and showed his determination and intestinal fortitude Saturday night. This kid came in as an untested unproven guy who only had experience slinging Fresca in Division 2 ball but he just performed better than anyone expected. He held the Diet Cokes with poise and confidence never spilling or over-pouring. When DD ran down the sideline to keep up with a play or to yell to a player, there was Diet Coke Guy right behind him no sloshing, no shaking. He was right behind DD without hesitation or wavering. He kept the foam to a minimum and served up his refreshing drinks right at 36 degrees all night long. No ice in the 4th quarter? No problem for Diet Coke Guy. He had a back-up cooler ready to go. At a critical juncture with 4 minutes left DD was particularly parched and really needed to wet his whistle. There was Diet Coke Guy with a fresh new Coke Zero. It was a daring move to give the coach something different but it was just what DD needed to get him through a tough 4th quarter. Some will say it was a risky move but I say it was cool and calculated and just what we needed for the win. Kudos to our new Diet Coke Guy. Dare I say there may be a Hall of Fame induction ceremony in his future.

Edited by Eagle-96

The new Diet Coke Guy really stepped it up and showed his determination an intestinal fortitude Saturday night. This kid came in as an untested unproven guy who only had experience slinging Fresca in Division 2 ball but he just performed better than anyone expected. He held the Diet Cokes with poise and confidence never spilling or over-pouring. When DD ran down the sideline to keep up with a play or to yell to a player, there was Diet Coke Guy right behind him no sloshing, no shaking. He was right behind DDwithout hesitation or wavering. He kept the foam to a minimum and served up his refreshing drinks right at 36 degrees all night long. No ice in the 4th quarter? No problem for Diet Coke Guy. He had a back-up cooler ready to go. At a critical juncture with 4 minutes left DD was particularly parched and really needed to wet his whistle. There was Diet Coke Guy with a fresh new Coke ZERO. It was a daring move to give the coach something different but it was just what DD needed to get him through a tough 4th quarter. Some will say it was a risky move but I say it was cool and calculated. and just what we needed for the win. Kudos to our new Diet Coke Guy. Dare I say there may be a Hall of Fame induction ceremony in his future.

LOL! Thanks for the report, I knew the new guy could do it.

The new Diet Coke Guy really stepped it up and showed his determination and intestinal fortitude Saturday night. This kid came in as an untested unproven guy who only had experience slinging Fresca in Division 2 ball but he just performed better than anyone expected. He held the Diet Cokes with poise and confidence never spilling or over-pouring. When DD ran down the sideline to keep up with a play or to yell to a player, there was Diet Coke Guy right behind him no sloshing, no shaking. He was right behind DD without hesitation or wavering. He kept the foam to a minimum and served up his refreshing drinks right at 36 degrees all night long. No ice in the 4th quarter? No problem for Diet Coke Guy. He had a back-up cooler ready to go. At a critical juncture with 4 minutes left DD was particularly parched and really needed to wet his whistle. There was Diet Coke Guy with a fresh new Coke Zero. It was a daring move to give the coach something different but it was just what DD needed to get him through a tough 4th quarter. Some will say it was a risky move but I say it was cool and calculated and just what we needed for the win. Kudos to our new Diet Coke Guy. Dare I say there may be a Hall of Fame induction ceremony in his future.

That is the best damn analytical write-up I have seen all year!!! Kudos! smile.gif

That only brings up the potential issue the year after when they both are battling for “pouring” time.

Not these 2 guys. They are class acts all the way. You see other diet coke guys pour a drink and then do a celebration or a dance of some sort. But our diet Coke guys just hand the empty diet coke can to the trash can and get ready for the next pour.

Is the old diet coke guy hurt?  If so, imagine the national pub next year when we have the last 2 years nations leading diet coke guys.

He graduated and was taken in the 2nd round by the Falcons. Atlanta is an RC Cola town so he will have to step up his game as he will be serving a new product as well as multi tasking by getting drinks for not only Jim Mora but for Greg Knapp and Ed Donatell as well. He may have to make trips to the booth and also juggle between providing RC, Diet Rite, and Diet Cherry RC. He will have his hands full but I expect to see a good performance from him in his rookie campaign. Expect to see him back for homecoming as he will be the honorary Diet Coke guy during the 2nd quarter. It will be great to see him in Denton again.

Not these 2 guys.  They are class acts all the way.  You see other diet coke guys pour a drink and then do a celebration or a dance of some sort.  But our diet Coke guys just hand the empty diet coke can to the trash can and get ready for the next pour.

Diet Coke, Diet Coke, Diet Coke. That is all DD every does. I wish he would go with Pibb Zero more. It's a lot sexier and will help with recruiting. cool.gif

It was in Dickey's contract extension that he could get an upgrade this season at the DC position.

For those that think DD is underpaid consider what the other coaches around the league have in their contracts:

MTSU: Dr. Skipper Guy

Florida Intl: Diet Lemon/Lime Shasta Guy

Florida Atl: Tab Guy

Troy: Fresca Guy

Louisiana La: Rocky Top Orange Guy

Louisiana Mo: Newark City Tap Water Guy

Arkansas State: Mad Dog 20/20 Guy