NT91

Avatars should only be max 30k in size, in order not to bog down the board for people on slower connections.

For some reason, the board is allowing to people to upload avatars larger than that, even though the settings say not to.

If you upload a large avatar, it may work for now, it may stop working in the future, or you may get an email from one of the admins asking you to change it.

My avatar is under 1K and everytime I try and load it, I get an error message that says contact admininstrator to correct problem.

What's Up?

Avatars should only be max 30k in size, in order not to bog down the board for people on slower connections.

These avatars were not uploaded and saved to the site. They're simply pointed to an avatar site that houses them. Therefore, it gets around the upload size and should not overload the board.

These avatars were not uploaded and saved to the site.  They're simply pointed to an avatar site that houses them.  Therefore, it gets around the upload size and should not overload the board.

It's not the board I am worried about, but people on slower connections.

People have to download that 152k whether it's stored on this server or another.

Cerebus:

What does "Warn %" mean, and why do I have it next to my posts?

This new version of the software has a warning systems in it.

Right now your warn level should be sitting at 0%.

If an admin/mod warns someone it bumps up thier warn level, the admin/mod logs why they were warned, and has to send the user a PM.

If the offense warrants it, the admin/mod can require all that users posts to be moderated for X amount of hours/days, or block that persons ability to post for X amount of hours/days.