Early 2024 Football Record Prediction

42 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

They think we’ll beat Army? 

Why not?  They were fair last year.

1 hour ago, GreenTroubadour said:

image.png.839d3d3c88ba6ed9c3448310d8ccf208.png

I don't get some of these predictions.  Maybe I'm the eternal optimist, but it is way, way, way too early.

• Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

A lot could change between now and Aug 31 but I think we’ll be 4-2 going into FAU game. 

Sorry dude, we don't get to count the Bye week as a win.  😂  But I get why you'd want to.

I'm with the author of this article... except, even with Coach Fritz & Pratt leaving... I don't think we beat Tulane.

5-7.  Same record as last year, and that's hopeful.    We just lost too much offensively, and our defense is a disaster.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Sorry dude, we don't get to count the Bye week as a win.  😂  But I get why you'd want to.

I'm with the author of this article... except, even with Coach Fritz & Pratt leaving... I don't think we beat Tulane.

5-7.  Same record as last year, and that's hopeful.    We just lost too much offensively, and our defense is a disaster.

Apparently I’m not good at counting. *3-2. 

• Haha 1

All the turmoil in the G5 world..we ain't the only one whose schedule is unpredictable. At least we brought in a bunch of P4 bench warmers (16 I saw?) as replacements. 

USA will be a good insight for this teams future games.......Morris needs at minimum 6 wins so I'll go with six.

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2024 at 11:35 AM, UNTLifer said:

Why not?  They were fair last year.

Army? Here’s a reason from this latest article:

“North Texas had a host of issues to address following a 5-7 season in Eric Morris' debut campaign as the Mean Green's coach.

Improving against the run was among the biggest. UNT ranked last nationally in rushing defense with an average of 255.2 yards allowed per game and gave up more rushing touchdowns than any other team in the country at 37.”

https://dentonrc.com/rush-to-defense/article_d2743e45-5063-5360-a8e7-cca7a8dbdd9a.html?utm_source=dentonrc.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletters%2Flists%2Fmean-green%2F%3F-dc%3D1715792412&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

Seems like stopping Army would be a challenge for the worst rushing defense in the country 

Edited by TheColonyEagle

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Army? Here’s a reason from this latest article:

“North Texas had a host of issues to address following a 5-7 season in Eric Morris' debut campaign as the Mean Green's coach.

Improving against the run was among the biggest. UNT ranked last nationally in rushing defense with an average of 255.2 yards allowed per game and gave up more rushing touchdowns than any other team in the country at 37.”

https://dentonrc.com/rush-to-defense/article_d2743e45-5063-5360-a8e7-cca7a8dbdd9a.html?utm_source=dentonrc.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletters%2Flists%2Fmean-green%2F%3F-dc%3D1715792412&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

Seems like stopping Army would be a challenge for the worst rushing defense in the country 

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I don't see us winning more than four games this year.  Sorry, that's what I predict.

Same. But fortunately way too early for predicting anything.