Meet today's 2024-25 Mean Green???

12 hours ago, JT Hammons said:

Great post but I disagree, it seems to me like our ball handling is already improved significantly with the new signees.  I would love to have one more big shot blocker and rebounder.

I think with the latest two additions we are already bigger than we were last season. We lose Aaron, Robert, and two benchwarming bigs in Morgan and Dixon, but gain two bigs who played in all their respective team's games last year plus Vice who looks promising to me. So now I think you've got four bigs who will get minutes instead of three.

I would have liked to get someone who will be a clear #1 scorer, even if they came from the JUCO ranks. Someone who averaged 18+ per game. This year's transfers are higher scorers than last year's transfers like Noland, Walker, Buggs, and Allen, but none of them were the first option. Who's not going to be afraid to have the ball in their hands with the game on the line in the final minutes?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

14 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I think with the latest two additions we are already bigger than we were last season. We lose Aaron, Robert, and two benchwarming bigs in Morgan and Dixon, but gain two bigs who played in all their respective team's games last year plus Vice who looks promising to me. So now I think you've got four bigs who will get minutes instead of three.

I would have liked to get someone who will be a clear #1 scorer, even if they came from the JUCO ranks. Someone who averaged 18+ per game. This year's transfers are higher scorers than last year's transfers like Noland, Walker, Buggs, and Allen, but none of them were the first option. Who's not going to be afraid to have the ball in their hands with the game on the line in the final minutes?

to paragraph one...agreed. this team had a +2 rebounding differential (+1 on both ends), good for 122 in the country. so above-average. -1 in blocks, so that would be nice to see go up. we we +1 in assists, but -1 in turnovers...and I put a lot of that to not having a legit PG. 

to paragraph two...I think that dude is Atin Wright. 14ppg last year as the secondary option to a 20+ ppg scorer in Tucker DeVries (who just transferred to WVU). Wright averaged 16.7ppg in his last season at Cal-Northridge as their lead volume shooter...went to Drake and took 2 fewer shots a night. I bet he's gonna be looking to get those shot numbers back up and if his improved percentages stay pretty consistent, that tracks for a 15-20ppg player.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1