FAU (1/28/24)

Big Z

1 minute ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Yes but it wouldn’t have hurt Grant to talk up UNT a little more than he did.  The man in on halftime of a UNT game and he acted like it was all about Texas Tech!

I didn't see his full interview, but I assume it was done beforehand and not actually live, which would have made it difficult to talk about anything related UNT.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Yes but it wouldn’t have hurt Grant to talk up UNT a little more than he did.  The man in on halftime of a UNT game and he acted like it was all about Texas Tech!

I hear you, but it’s business and he played it the right way. If he came off too proud and supportive of UNT, that could come back to bite him in irrational ways from Tech fans/admin…

For example, ”You lost because you love UNT too much!” and other ridiculous accusations. 

A positive shout out to UNT and shifting focus to his current team is exactly what he needed to do. 

• Upvote 3

NT 38 --------- FAU 36

14:26 to go

It feels like the pace is going more towards the Owls, but we're still keeping our nose in front.  This is just as intense as the game the other night.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CMJ said:

NT 38 --------- FAU 36

14:26 to go

It feels like the pace is going more towards the owls, but we're still keeping our nose in front.  This is just as intense as the game the other night.

FAU is really good with ball movement, creating wide open treys but also forcing our defense to shift to match-ups in their favor. We aren't giving them many good looks in the paint though.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, outoftown said:

I didn't see his full interview, but I assume it was done beforehand and not actually live, which would have made it difficult to talk about anything related UNT.

I thought it was a great interview.  I didn't need him to talk about UNT, since it was about how his team is in first place of the Big 12.  Proud that he was our coach, left us in good shape, and happy for him at Tech.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Texas Tech’s coach talked exclusively about Texas Tech while being asked questions about his Texas Tech team??

Vice Tv GIF by STICK TO SPORTS

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3