Full List of Scholarship Additions for North Texas (SO FAR*)

11 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Great information thank you for sharing. The results of the transfers up to this point shine a focus on to where Morris's commitment is. I have not been the biggest fan of Caponi, but if your boss is not going to give you the tools to do your job correctly it makes it an uphill battle. If having the worst defense in football didn't shake up Morris and have him focus on adding players then I don't know what will.

Caponi should be out there recruiting his guys hard. Can’t blame Morris solely on this problem. Offensive players will look at the air raid offense and the results last year and would be enticed to come. The defense? Different story

• Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

Caponi should be out there recruiting his guys hard. Can’t blame Morris solely on this problem. Offensive players will look at the air raid offense and the results last year and would be enticed to come. The defense? Different story

Never said I'm blaming more solely. Myself and most on here are going after Caponi very hard. My only question is, is he getting support to get the players in that he needs. I know JD mentioned up top you can only bring in so many in certain positions, but to be honest if you're the worst defense in the nation you might have been better off telling some players they might be better off looking elsewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

59 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Cameron Lewis, HS OL out of Rosenberg Terry, not included. I think I found my answer. 

Not really sure what happened with this young man. Nothing on his X; in fact it doesn't look like he has posted anything since November. 

18 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Nothing on his X; in fact it doesn't look like he has posted anything since November. 

I am not saying you are wrong, but I work with a lot of high school kids and they rarely use X. If you can find his Instagram, that will tell you a lot more. They all use Instagram. To a lot of them, using X is like using Facebook or Myspace to us older folks.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Never said I'm blaming more solely. Myself and most on here are going after Caponi very hard. My only question is, is he getting support to get the players in that he needs. I know JD mentioned up top you can only bring in so many in certain positions, but to be honest if you're the worst defense in the nation you might have been better off telling some players they might be better off looking elsewhere.

I did sound harsh, but was not meaning to be. I do think they’re trying to recruit defenders. As you can see, we were able to flip an Arizona commit and gain some defensive transfers from P5 programs for example. However, since being statistically the worst defense in D1 football, kids may be skeptical. As a football program, we’re not “established” just yet IMO. But, I believe SL has slowly started that process, and EM & staff will help it progress even further.  The attention to recruits by having a recruiting staff will pay dividends in the future. This may not help us this season, but hopefully we will see the progress. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Venson said:

I am not saying you are wrong, but I work with a lot of high school kids and they rarely use X. If you can find his Instagram, that will tell you a lot more. They all use Instagram. To a lot of them, using X is like using Facebook or Myspace to us older folks.

My impression is X is a massive tool for connecting players with coaches, and a player would be missing out on potential opportunities (offertunities?) if they didn't use it.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, greenminer said:

My impression is X is a massive tool for connecting players with coaches, and a player would be missing out on potential opportunities (offertunities?) if they didn't use it.

I am not saying they don't use X at all because they do. I am saying they are more into Instagram than X. A lot of them will only use X to make big announcements, but their everyday use comes from using Instagram. I hear them all the time when they are trying to ask a girl out for her Instagram kind of like we used to ask for her phone number and rush all over the club trying to find a something to write with and write on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

On 1/20/2024 at 1:12 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Not really sure what happened with this young man. Nothing on his X; in fact it doesn't look like he has posted anything since November. 

I don't remember dates off the top of my head and my X isn't coming up right now but he's liked some posts as recently as a few weeks ago. You just need click the "like" tab on his profile.

• Upvote 3

On 1/19/2024 at 10:33 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

Transfer Adds.pngHS Adds.png

JD, I believe that you missed a HUGE transfer.  Tre Bradford, a highly rated running back who transferred from LSU, isn't on the list.  He is a four-star athlete from Lancaster.  I believe that this is his last season of eligibility and I expect him to be the featured back this year along with Minnesota transfer Zach Evans.  Also Shipley, Chandler and Morris have been confirmed by 247 so I'd guess that the gray could be covered with green now.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

19 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

JD, I believe that you missed a HUGE transfer.  Tre Bradford, a highly rated running back who transferred from LSU, isn't on the list.  He is a four-star athlete from Lancaster.  I believe that this is his last season of eligibility and I expect him to be the featured back this year along with Minnesota transfer Zach Evans.  Also Shipley, Chandler and Morris have been confirmed by 247 so I'd guess that the gray could be covered with green now.

I posted earlier in this thread that I accidentally forgot Bradford. The others were gray because when I had posted this the school had not announced them. The school still haven’t announced Morris and won’t until after spring. 

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

Who knows? This could work or maybe could be a disaster…There was a reason that so many starters left; maybe, the coaching staff or not enough money to keep them…Morris has three years in my mind or he should be let go.