UTSA at MEMPHIS in OT

Memphis isn’t as dominate as they appear. They are barely squeaking by lately. I know all teams can go through it. And I assume that’s what’s happening here.  We need them to be dominate (except when they play us). It’s good for our conference. 

11 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Would have been hilarious for Memphis to lose, but again I want them to be ranked when they come to Denton. Glad FAU stayed in the rankings this week as well.

I really would've thought that FAU would've dropped out, but good to see there's a little more faith in AAC teams than there would've been in CUSA.

Memphis played great down the stretch with UTSA just making too many mistakes. Shots weren't dropping well for Memphis but they got the job done. 

F UTSA.

Memphis won by 6 but their FT differential was: 43 FTA for Memphis to 21 FTA for UTSA. Memphis needed some home cooking to barely beat a UTSA team that is 275 in KenPom rankings (that is BAD). It's clear that FAU is the team to beat in the AAC, and even then we've seen that FAU isn't invincible. College basketball can't sleep on the Mean Green!

21 minutes ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Memphis won by 6 but their FT differential was: 43 FTA for Memphis to 21 FTA for UTSA. Memphis needed some home cooking to barely beat a UTSA team that is 275 in KenPom rankings (that is BAD). It's clear that FAU is the team to beat in the AAC, and even then we've seen that FAU isn't invincible. College basketball can't sleep on the Mean Green!

I don't know what it will take for us to finally get the respect that we deserve, but running through this conference like a steam roller definitely will help!!

31 minutes ago, GoGreenBeans said:

I didn't watch the game...but don't just take the FT attempts as a sign of officiating. UTSA jacked 45 threes, 60% of their total shots, compared to Memphis taking just 23. I'm betting that explains the free throw discrepancy more than "home cooking"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I didn't watch the game...but don't just take the FT attempts as a sign of officiating. UTSA jacked 45 threes, 60% of their total shots, compared to Memphis taking just 23. I'm betting that explains the free throw discrepancy more than "home cooking"

I did watch the game and it was BS. Regarding the 45 UTSA 3s vs 23 Memphis 3s, so Memphis never got too close to a UTSA shooter on those 45 attempts but they call this for a Memphis 4 point play?

But really it's this stuff I had issue with. A good, solid screen with seconds left in the game and they blow the whistle. Illegal screens can get tricky but I don't see the UTSA player leaning in or to the side to make himself bigger. If you want to say he was late to the spot and was still moving, I'd say it's not obvious and I don't believe it's worthy of the whistle. Would have given UTSA an uncontested dunk to take the lead with less than 6 seconds left since the whistle was blown at 6 left to go.

• Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I did watch the game and it was BS. Regarding the 45 UTSA 3s vs 23 Memphis 3s, so Memphis never got too close to a UTSA shooter on those 45 attempts but they call this for a Memphis 4 point play?

But really it's this stuff I had issue with. A good, solid screen with seconds left in the game and they blow the whistle. Illegal screens can get tricky but I don't see the UTSA player leaning in or to the side to make himself bigger. If you want to say he was late to the spot and was still moving, I'd say it's not obvious and I don't believe it's worthy of the whistle. Would have given UTSA an uncontested dunk to take the lead with less than 6 seconds left since the whistle was blown at 6 left to go.

That’s a foul

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

i believe i saw that 21( or something close to that) of those free throws were in the last five minutes and overtime

25 minutes ago, THOR said:

i believe i saw that 21( or something close to that) of those free throws were in the last five minutes and overtime

Yes Memphis had 15 free throw attempts between the 4:48 mark to the end of regulation. During that time, Memphis made 2 field goals. In that same time, UTSA had 5 free throw attempts.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I didn't watch, but I saw clips on Twitter that were pretty rough calls against UTSA. Obviously, they were UTSA fans, so they were biased with their views, but they had some right to be upset. Memphis seemed to get a lot of the 50/50 calls in a game that was really close. I don't like UTSA, but it's pretty disappointing that officiating seemed to take over the game down the stretch. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1