Transfer Commit: WR Dalton Carnes, Houston:

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, Cougar King said:

He entered the portal because there's no guarantee he will be on scholarship at UH with the new staff coming in. Dana was going to give him one but he got fired. 

Morris is getting a solid receiver who definitely deserves one. 

Was thinking that might be the case with the coaching change. Definitely impressive stats considering it looks like he didn’t start getting much opportunity until Conference play started.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cooley said:

Strange commitment when there are greater needs. 

There is no shortage of available spots. Plus, the team was down to 3 returning scholarship slot receivers and 2 of those are seniors. Considering how much we rotate receivers to keep them fresh, we definitely were running thin. I expect more portal receivers too.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

We have 40 spots to fill?  I didn’t realize we had so many players moving on. Wow.  This will be an entirely new team next year.  

@TheReal_jayD can give the exact number, but we didn’t sign a full class last year. Additionally, we have lost quite a bit in the portal. Before the portal exodus, we had 32 spots open.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

We have 40 spots to fill?  I didn’t realize we had so many players moving on. Wow.  This will be an entirely new team next year.  

By my count we have 42 scholarship players from last year’s roster still on scholarship. 16 on offense and 26 on defense.

So that leaves 43 open spots, with about 26 accounted for by HS and portal guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2