Why Does This Young Man Not Have Any Offers?

UNTLifer

43 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14893808/Ruben-Tshilombo

Ruben Tshilombo: DE; Byron Nelson High.  6'4" and 230 lbs. machine.  I found him while look at their QB, Tom Von Grote.

There could be a number of things that are influencing his lack of offers such as him being a late bloomer, grades, attitude, etc. Sometimes, coaches will not vouch for their players as well. This happened to a guy I played with. He ended up having to play D3 ball instead of D1, even though he was the best athlete on the field. A coaching change mid year screwed his offers (before the age of Twitter).

I don't know the young man, but he has the size to play. Honestly, he reminds me of that DL from Flower Mound that came here last spring. I don't believe he made the fall roster. Maybe he's a PWO candidate similar to the kid from Flower Mound.

Edited by jtm0097

He is too small weight wise to play interior currently, and not twitchy/explosive enough to be an edge rusher.  He'd need to put on 30/40 pounds minimum to play interior and sometimes thats a scary projection when you won't know if they will maintain the things that caused you to offer them.  I'd offer him a PWO and see if he can put the weight on he needs to be good.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

• 1 month later...