Grass Isn't Always Greener End Of Season Update

jtm0097

You did a lot of research for that.  I fear G5s are becoming just the minor leagues for P5 programs.  NIL and the Portal has ruined the amateur college game.  But for every Jake Roberts that leaves if we can obtain a Chandler Rogers then it's a win for us.   Morris and Co. better get more Portal-friendly asap!  

I guess we'll never know what motivated those players to leave...$$, larger program, closer to home, whatever?  The thing that I think we will see fewer of is one-stop athletes at NT.  The Mason Fines and Joe Greene's (elite football athletes at NT) have mostly vanished in this generation of NIL and transferring....no loyalty to school.  As fans, we are loyal to the program, regardless of coach or players.  We will still be here even if they choose to leave.  

• Upvote 6

Speaking of that damn team in Dallas, it seems Will Kuehne ended up as a wide receiver somewhere well down the depth chart. I wonder how he felt about that. Similarly, I wonder how Jace Ruder felt about being moved to LB and never seeing the field. I hate that for the guy. He always seemed to have a good attitude and talent.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, NT80 said:

.  As fans, we are loyal to the program, regardless of coach or players.  We will still be here even if they choose to leave.  

For me that is most of the problem. I'm not cheering for Mosley or even Morris. I want to cheer for Fine, Rogers, Mean joe, super jamario, Darden, cobbs... etc...

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Speaking of that damn team in Dallas, it seems Will Kuehne ended up as a wide receiver somewhere well down the depth chart. I wonder how he felt about that. Similarly, I wonder how Jace Ruder felt about being moved to LB and never seeing the field. I hate that for the guy. He always seemed to have a good attitude and talent.

Ruder tore his ACL. 

There is a hierarchy of college football teams in the portal and every team has their place. North Texas just has to execute expertly from our unique position. And we do have advantages including our location and a high-powered offense. 

Teams like Ohio State, Alabama and Texas are still losing kids in the portal to each other and must also contend with losing players early to the NFL draft. 

North Texas is going to lose good players to the portal who transfer “Up”.

But we can also find guys who are transferring “Down” like Maclin did (LOL) from Missouri and we can also pick up guys like Chandler Rogers transferring “Up”. 

The hard part for these coaches is that they are going to have to do it EVERY YEAR until something changes and it eventually will and we will all probably hate those changes too. 

The portal and NIL have created chaos but there is also opportunity and the winning teams will be the ones who navigate change the best. Why not North Texas?

Edited by MeanGreenZen
Spelling
  • Upvote 7

wonder how long before the non power conference start folding up the football programs.  We develop good hs players and they get bought and leave us with nothing.  A lot cheaper to focus on basketball.  I think the big programs need to look among themselves for players.  Our players that were bought have not lite the world on fire though some have had solid stats.

• Upvote 2