UAB Uniforms

GMG_Dallas

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I prefer the white pants when wearing the green tops.  And while I like the icy whites, I don’t mind the occasional white tops with green helmet/pants. 

You’d get no argument from me with any of those combos.  My not very well stated point was really to just keep it simple with green and white.

• Upvote 4

But did you notice the sideline? It wa almost all black from head to toe. EM and every coach. I would encourage Jared to find some cool slick Green gear to turn the guys (coaches) on to. 

Modeling matters.  
GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

I would like to see all green with color reversed helmet.  Green SOW Eagle on solid white helmets.  White shoes and socks.   May small white flying worms or jersey numbers on the hips of the pants.  I think I would need to see a full mock up of my uniform combo suggestion before passionately campaigning for it also.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

11 hours ago, NM Green said:

But did you notice the sideline? It wa almost all black from head to toe. EM and every coach. I would encourage Jared to find some cool slick Green gear to turn the guys (coaches) on to. 

Modeling matters.  
GMG

That's correct, our coaching staff looks ridiculous. That's an ongoing issue that Jared Mosley just doesn't seem to be willing to address. The Morris staff can't really be that disgruntled yet.

Maybe we can just write off that the black outfits and pirate costumes of 2023 were just an homage to the late Mike Leach. 

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

35 minutes ago, ADLER said:

That's correct, our coaching staff looks ridiculous. That's an ongoing issue that Jared Mosley just doesn't seem to be willing to address. The Morris staff can't really be that disgruntled yet.

Maybe we can just write off that the black outfits and pirate costumes of 2023 were just an homage to the late Mike Leach. 

You are really complaining g about what our coaches wear on the side lines?  Really. Coaches generally wear a contrasting g color on the sidelines to be easily seen.  

you are just looking for something to bitch about. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

What would you rather see next year: an undefeated season or wearing only school colors every game?

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

34 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

What would you rather see next year: an undefeated season or wearing only school colors every game?

Oh, I didn't realize that those two things were mutually exclusive. 

I didn't realize that we could build our university's brand while also winning football games to entertain students, fans, and alumni. I assumed those were the main reasons that schools fielded football teams.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NT80 said:

Why do we keep wearing Oregon's wing helmets, and "slow" black shoes?   

Did our helmet logos with full SOW not come in from the manufacturer??  No sleek white shoes in our inventory?

I too agree that we need to make more of an effort to promote the SOW (Diving Eagle) logo on our Green and White uniforms. Although the helmets are admittedly similar to Oregon's, ours are an enlargement of our primary logo whereas Oregon's primary logos are the big O and the duckhead.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Oh, I didn't realize that those two things were mutually exclusive. 

I didn't realize that we could build our university's brand while also winning football games to entertain students, fans, and alumni. I assumed those were the main reasons that schools fielded football teams.

I never said they were mutually exclusive. I'm asking you what matters more to you. If you had to pick one, which would it be. I don't think I read you gripe about anything more than uniforms so I ask the question: a season of only school colored uniforms or an undefeated season?

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

We should at least strive for both every season; a great team that does an excellent job of representing the university.

I can't see why anybody would want to settle for less.

I'd like to see us standardize our look if no other reason to be recognizable to the casual fan. When someone sees UT or OU or Auburn, there is no question who their seeing. Now that we'll be seen more often on TV, it'd be nice for the casual fan to look and say, "oh, that's UNT!"

• Upvote 3