Can we still make a bowl?

Tommy Gadberry

In Seth’s first year we won 5 games. At that time 5 win teams were invited to fill bowl spots based on team academics. North Texas, as I understand it, was the top academic team in the nation among 5 win teams.  So yes, Virginia, there may still be a chance.

Edited by greenjoe

4 hours ago, greenjoe said:

In Seth’s first year we won 5 games. At that time 5 win teams were invited to fill bowl spots based on team academics. North Texas, as I understand it, was the top academic team in the nation among 5 win teams.  So yes, Virginia, there may still be a chance.

Those days are long gone. We are not going to get an invitation bc our APR is terrible now. 

• Sad 2

On 11/19/2023 at 8:38 AM, Tommy Gadberry said:

And does that even make sense?  Thinking we need to focus on recruiting anyway.

With our defense I absolutely don't want to see a winning team with a good offense.  Imagine any QB or RB who is a 4 round draft prospect playing the bowl game against us.  Now imagine the team he is on hasn't been on ESPN, ESPN2, or even FS1 all year.  He is going to want to show out and the coaches are going to want help him for recruiting purposes.  We could have a RB run for 300 yards or a QB pass for 500 yards.  And those historic bowl game performances could come within 3 quarters of play.   Then if you are stupid enough to not have fired the DC before the game what do you do after the bowl game?