My predictions for the remainder of the season

Jonnyeagle

- Jeff Trailor will be named head coach of Baylor football

- SMUt will defeat Tulane in AAC champ game and will get the G5 playoff spot

- UNT will lose their last two games but it will be close

- Eric Morris will ultimately decide to retain Caponi primarily due to the fact he has a 2 year contract

- UNT basketball will win a thriller today against St John’s 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

- Jeff Trailor will be named head coach of Baylor football  Yes

- SMUt will defeat Tulane in AAC champ game and will get the G5 playoff spot  No

- UNT will lose their last two games but it will be close  HELL NO

- Eric Morris will ultimately decide to retain Caponi primarily due to the fact he has a 2 year contract Yes and Caponi will come through next year.

- UNT basketball will win a thriller today against St John’s Yes

Thoughts above in bold.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Yeah. Memphis is going to give them a bash to the head on the way out of the conference. 

Tulane vs Memphis for the conference championship. Is that a possibility? Tulane wins and reps but loses NY6. 

Though the stakes feel empty, can’t change my prediction, we beat Tulsa and UAB to finish 5-7. 

Caponi returns with extreme pressure on both he and Eric in 2024. They could both be gone in a year or prepping for a bowl game. 12 months flys by with pressure like that. 

Traylor heads to A&M but is mandated to bring in strong Coordinators to makeup for lack of his national name recognition. Love in that interview he speaks to how important a University A&M is to our State. He’s going to charm them into the gig with some parameters and mandates 

beat Tulsa 

GMG 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

- Jeff Trailor will be named head coach of Baylor football  aTm would do well to hire him, but they won’t.  They’ll outsmart themselves in Aggie fashion.

- SMUt will defeat Tulane in AAC champ game and will get the G5 playoff spot  UTSA over SMU

- UNT will lose their last two games but it will be close I’m think we get two wins to close the season.  We may score 80 against UAB, of course they could score 80 against us too so…

- Eric Morris will ultimately decide to retain Caponi primarily due to the fact he has a 2 year contract  Agree

- UNT basketball will win a thriller today against St John’s Agree

Arkansas would do well to wake up and move on Traylor.  I'm not sure he's a great coach, but he's a heckuva recruiter who knows how to win.  He would have them back to Houston Nutt levels of success.  Not conference champs, but interesting and in the hunt.  Tamu is too high on themselves to take the risk on him and they are in a National Championship or bust mode.  I think Tamu swings first for Lanning, then Elko.  My bet is that Elko would take it if offered.  So, all that said, I could see where Baylor swoops in and steals Traylor.

Schmoo is the team to beat. Tulane doesn't seem to play for 4 full quarters and that catches up to most teams eventually.  I do not think schmoo will be competitive in a NY6 bowl game.  They won't get lucky and play a Lincoln Riley defense like Tulane got last year.  

I had to go lookup our football schedule to even see who we are playing.  That's eye-opening for me.  I've known the schedule by heart for over 20 years until now.

No comment on Caponi.

Pitino is an all-timer and coming off an embarrassing, blowout loss.  Will be a huge test to see how ready Ross is.

Caponi will be retained, but with an extremely short leash.

If the wheels start coming off again, this will be a rare mid-season termination in Denton.  I expect this to be already be in the back of our HC's mind, and for him to have a backup plan/guy in place and on call.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1