The Last Time UNT Played Navy

The last time North Texas played Navy was in 2007 at Fouts Field. UNT lost 74-62!

Here's some of the stats from that game:

Navy         UNT

First downs:         31              29

Rushes:                 57-572     28-157

Passing:                108            478

Comp-Att-Int:       4-6-0        40-50-2

Attendance:          26,012

Giovanni Vizza threw for 478 yards and Casey Fitzgerald caught 13 passes for 134 yards.

Navy rushed for a whopping 572 yards.

With UNT's similar sieve-like defense this year, I expect another wild shootout on Saturday.

WR Sam Dibrell (19) runs for the end zone while chased by LB Tony Haberer (50) (Photo by Gary Payne, DRC).jpg

Casey Fitzgerald (Photo by Rick Yeatts).jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 2

6 hours ago, Marty said:

Hmm, can’t seem to find his A&M stats where he “finished” after “starting his career” at North Texas. Good player but the family seemed to feel they were above us. Plus the whole 420 deal.

Edited by Cr1028

2 hours ago, wardly said:

If memory serves on several times when we scored our player gave an eagle sign with his hand and was flagged for un- sportsman like conduct The penalty was enforced when we kicked off giving Navy great field position and cost us the game.

That sounds plausible considering some of the terrible officiating we've had over the years.  One that always stood out to me was Rodge's pass hitting an offensive lineman's helmet and ricocheting backwards.......and being called a fumble. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Hmm, can’t seem to find his A&M stats where he finished after “starting his career” at North Texas. Good player but the family seemed to feel they were above us. Plus the whole 420 deal.

He was never on the team at A&M.  AFAIK, he didn't play organized football again after he left NT.

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

He was never on the team at A&M.  AFAIK, he didn't play organized football again after he left NT.

Thank you. I was just being a smart ass because they thought that they were too good for us or too good to have to compete with Riley.

14 hours ago, wardly said:

If memory serves on several times when we scored our player gave an eagle sign with his hand and was flagged for un- sportsman like conduct The penalty was enforced when we kicked off giving Navy great field position and cost us the game.

I remember the same.  He through up the talon while running to the endzone.   I always thought it odd that if they were going to call that, why did they treat it as an after the play penalty.  Poor officiating.