Temple game to be on ESPNU 10/14 @ 11 a.m.

Matt from A700

1 minute ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Mimosas and breakfast food for the tailgate! count me in

Nice Tony, I had several folks planning on this tailgate to be the one to show up for.  But now just a few of us die-hards. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Not an uncommon start time for nationally televised games... TX/OU is at 11 am almost every year and none of them complain that it's too early. USC/Colorado was at 10 am local time this past Saturday. Come on, now.

Whats your point they have huge followings, and people will camp out. It's not our crowd whether it should be or not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 4

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

My point is complaining about an early start time is silly. Big following or not is irrelevant. If people want to show up, they will. You want a program in a good conference with nationally televised games but don't want the scheduling that comes with it. If tailgating is that important to you, go to bed early and wake up even earlier. The weather forecast shows a beautiful day with a high in the mid 80s. There's plenty to look forward to with an early start time.

I feel some would complain about being gifted a $100 bill if it were wrinkled.

And then there is the reality that the gameday atmosphere is shot in the foot, and the attendance will be incredibly light. 

I don't see it as a gift at all. 

• Eye Roll 9
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Whats your point they have huge followings, and people will camp out. It's not our crowd whether it should be or not. 

Screw 11 a.m., we're still trying to convince today's undergrads that Apogee DATCU didn't get any further away after Covid and the pedestrian bridge isn't that scary.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I’ll take the Saturday national broadcast exposure over a 6p kick with less than 20k in the building any day.

ESPN U has like a Hundred channels are they not all national regardless of time? Or is this one guaranteed to be carried nationally on cable TV outlets? 

• Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1

28 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I’ll take the Saturday national broadcast exposure over a 6p kick with less than 20k in the building any day.

This.

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

And then there is the reality that the gameday atmosphere is shot in the foot, and the attendance will be incredibly light. 

I don't see it as a gift at all. 

The difference in attendance from a 11AM game to a 6 PM game will be negligible. The exposure,  regardless if nation wide or just our region and their's would be far greater than the 2-4k difference in butts in the seats.  

And who do you think this effects more, the student attendance or the alumni attendance? Students should at the least want to be in the stands to possibly be seen on "national" TV.  Tailgaters who were planning on tailgating a 6pm game will most likely still tailgate at 11am.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Would you prefer televised games on a Wednesday? There's only so many TV slots on Saturdays.

If we were forced to stay in CUSA this year, this would be our game time choices this week....🥺

Wednesday, October 4th
Jacksonville State at Middle Tennessee 7:00 pm ESPNU / ESPN Video
FIU at New Mexico State 8:00 pm CBSSN / CBS Video
Thursday, October 5th
Sam Houston at Liberty 6:00 pm CBSSN / CBS Video
Western Kentucky at Louisiana Tech 7:00 pm ESPNU / ESPN Video
Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

34 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

ESPN U has like a Hundred channels are they not all national regardless of time? Or is this one guaranteed to be carried nationally on cable TV outlets? 

ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU all broadcast games on Saturday and every game is nationally televised. Here's how last weekend looked.

image.png.d17ff9c4d1127154380311995e637431.png 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

You're thinking of ESPN+ which is only streaming, and carries multiple games.  ESPN-U is a single linear channel, like ESPN, ESPN-2, NBC, etc.

• Upvote 6