Navy/Memphis Game

Big Z

What a finish.  

I think Navy got ripped.  The original spot was obviously wrong, but I think the receiver may have actually gotten the first down.  The yellow line was a good 6”-8” off.  When they brought out the chains, it was at about the 9 and a half yard line.  Basically, if the refs spot it correctly to begin with, it may have been enough for the first down.

11 hours ago, NT93 said:

What a finish.  

I think Navy got ripped.  The original spot was obviously wrong, but I think the receiver may have actually gotten the first down.  The yellow line was a good 6”-8” off.  When they brought out the chains, it was at about the 9 and a half yard line.  Basically, if the refs spot it correctly to begin with, it may have been enough for the first down.

I think he was way short, i thought it was the right call. Great game though!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, golfingomez said:

I think he was way short, i thought it was the right call. Great game though!

I thought so at first, but on the replay I thought he got just past the 10 yard line.   I would have liked to have seen a measurement based on an accurate spot.  He may have still been short, but I think it would have been very close.  One thing’s for sure, the original spot was absolutely horrible.  

• Upvote 1