PAC 12 Realignment Talk Mega Thread (All 12 threads merged)

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

I've seen the Big12 rumors, but I could have sworn that the pro-rata was all tapped out. Adding 4 more is $124m more a year. 

Could be a similar situation to the ACC where they’d be coming in at a reduced share. Maybe only ESPN will kick in cash, and not Fox, for example. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Could be a similar situation to the ACC where they’d be coming in at a reduced share. Maybe only ESPN will kick in cash, and not Fox, for example. 

46 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Maybe it is the Big12's Yormark thinking about killing the Pac and stifling the ACC at the same time, to become the third Super Conference?

Smut would be so deserving to be left out again, lol.

Possible. I feel like they would have taken those schools when they added the 4 corner schools if that was the plan. It's a bit strange that they would double back now to grab those 4. Unless we start to see some more solid info I'm going to believe that has very little chance of happening, and is more rumor than anything else. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/25/2023 at 4:32 PM, cousin oliver said:

I really got excited looking at this new concept for the AAC:

Navy/Wichita State are currently in the West and Navy likes playing games in Texas. In addition, Navy and Air Force play each other every year. It would make more sense to switch them out with Tulsa since Navy only plays football in the conference.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 8/25/2023 at 1:32 PM, Green Otaku said:

That is the question isn't it? How much money? It all depends on how much Aresco can convince ESPN to fork over. How do we even know ESPN is willing to give additional shares for either school? While I agree that the AAC has the better deal and exposure we are making lots of assumptions as to where/if more money would come. 

On 8/25/2023 at 1:44 PM, NorthTexasWeLove said:

OR St and Wazzou would add more football exposure to the AAC than it has ever received. I am confident more money will be there. You're adding millions and millions and millions of more eyeballs to the late night time slots. West coast football fans will tune in. Snatching SDSU and ________ will dictate more PST eyeballs. 

I've had so many discussions like this on this board. So many posters were sure that we had the leverage/money to grab those schools. I told everyone nothing is assured, and that we didn't know if ESPN was willing to spend the $$$ necessary.