North Texas Football 2023 Schedule

11 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

There’s nothing the AD can do about it. You think Texas wants to play Rice at 2:30 PM on Sept 2nd? No one is immune. Sure it sucks, but it’s a small price to pay for moving up to a conference with an actual TV contract. 

I don't think Texas cares; they will have a full stadium regardless. The people @ Texas that make the decisions will be in a nice cool suite with plans for a big victory dinner after the game.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, UNT86 said:

Buy season tickets and sit on the shady side.  It will still be hot, but not as hot as general admission.

Also, look at the Dolphins/Bills game early last year.  The Dolphins outlasted the Bills and the heat was a major factor.  Hopefully it will be again.  This time the Mean Green prevail and the Bears wilt.

• Upvote 3

It is seldom comfortable in early September; especially those looking directly into the sun.  I'm hoping that we can fill the student side and we don't want to make them so uncomfortable that they won't come back.  That game should have been scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m.  but I guess that it was necessary so that Cal could return home that night.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

It is seldom comfortable in early September; especially those looking directly into the sun.  I'm hoping that we can fill the student side and we don't want to make them so uncomfortable that they won't come back.  That game should have been scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m.  but I guess that it was necessary so that Cal could return home that night.

No, it was schedule for television. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

There’s nothing the AD can do about it. You think Texas wants to play Rice at 2:30 PM on Sept 2nd? No one is immune. Sure it sucks, but it’s a small price to pay for moving up to a conference with an actual TV contract. 

Smut hosts La Tech at 11am that day, also on ESPNU before our game.  It will be hot there too.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, NT80 said:

Smut hosts La Tech at 11am that day, also on ESPNU before our game.  It will be hot there too.

Come on; let's face it Ford Stadium will be empty regardless of the time scheduled or temp. Any start time is pretty much a no-lose situation for SMU. Too bad they can't move the game to the boulevard. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2