If tonight is Grant's last game for the Green...

32 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Tonight will be Grant's 200th game coaching for the Mean Green. If we win, it will put Grant solely in second place in all-time program wins (135) over Bill Blakeley (134). Blakeley coached 219 games for North Texas.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/north-texas/men/coaches.html

If Grant is gone after tonight, I am #TeamHodge and look forward to him continuing the success. Also, I can't stand seeing Benford in the Top 5 of our program's wins leaders. 🤮

I fear Hodge could go to Lubbock except a head coach job would be hard to turn down.  In spite of what ESPN broadcasters seems to think—UNT is not chopped liver. Any D1 school in the Lone Star state is not. 

Grant had been touting Hodge for a HBC job since last year (if not sooner).  

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, drex said:

The pitiful attendance for Grant's games made the decision easier for him to go to Tech.  Respectable attendance might have kept him here.  It seems that NT won't even support winners.

I think the money is enough for him to go regardless, but you’re right that the attendance certainly didn’t help.  So embarrassing.  But today is not the day to harp on those things.  Today is the day to win an NIT championship! 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, drex said:

The pitiful attendance for Grant's games made the decision easier for him to go to Tech.  Respectable attendance might have kept him here.  It seems that NT won't even support winners.

Agree 100%, I remember one game during the regular season and the team wanted everybody in the crowd to stand up. He looked back in disgust when saw half of the fans were still sitting...

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, akriesman said:

I am hoping to hear that Hodge is named HC at the same time Grant announces he is leaving for Tech.   Keep things moving forward.    Our guy is already here.    No need to bring in any outside uncertainty.

This is a state job, so they have to post it for XX number of days before they can fill it. Hopefully, if it happens, that is just going through the motion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I want to say thank you to Grant and his family. He has taken us to heights we've never been to before and I am thankful to have been to (most of) the games the past six years. My wife has even become a basketball fan! She prefers going to games at the SP over Apogee! Grant is our family now and like any family member, we want what's best for him. If it's Texas Tech, so be it and I hope he is as successful as he was here. So, thank you Grant, for making us a relevant basketball school as we move forward to the AAC. Good luck at your next stop.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hunter Green said:

I want to say thank you to Grant and his family. He has taken us to heights we've never been to before and I am thankful to have been to (most of) the games the past six years. My wife has even become a basketball fan! She prefers going to games at the SP over Apogee! Grant is our family now and like any family member, we want what's best for him. If it's Texas Tech, so be it and I hope he is as successful as he was here. So, thank you Grant, for making us a relevant basketball school as we move forward to the AAC. Good luck at your next stop.

Love to hear it.  Hopefully Ross keeps the build going and Eric makes Apogee a more fun place to be too.  We have a lot to look forward to.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1