Coach Grant and his team arrive in Las Vegas

• meangreenfaninno changed the title to Coach Grant and his team arrive in Las Vegas
7 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

You want them in suits and ties?? This isn’t 1970

You can have fun in these scenarios and make quite an impression, especially if you pull something from past fashions.

Hell, do the suit and tie right and they can all come out looking like an army of 007s. That would smash

• Upvote 2

I'm trying to remember when the suit and tie thing went out of fashion.  I feel like even 15-20 years ago you'd still see a Michigan State get off the bus wearing them before a game.  The TV camera would show the squad as they entered the arenas all decked out.

15 minutes ago, NT80 said:

College team players today usually travel in comfortable team warmups or gear...

GCU ...

Grand Canyon Men's Basketball (@GCU_MBB) / Twitter

Georgia arrives in LA...

Bulldogs arrive in LA, eager to get familiar with SoFi Stadium |  Chattanooga Times Free Press

TCU arriving in LA...

TCU, Georgia Arrive in Los Angeles for the National Championship – Los  Angeles Sentinel

I know they do.  That's why I said I didn't know when the older way went out of fashion.

• Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, CMJ said:

I'm trying to remember when the suit and tie thing went out of fashion.  I feel like even 15-20 years ago you'd still see a Michigan State get off wearing them before a game.  The TV would show the squad as they entered the arenas all decked out.

Basketball coaches were about the last ones to wear coats and ties to their games but I have not seen a coach in a tie for several years now.  Football coaches abandoned suits many years ago.  

33 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

Basketball coaches were about the last ones to wear coats and ties to their games but I have not seen a coach in a tie for several years now.  Football coaches abandoned suits many years ago.  

I was talking about arrival at the games, in which the players still wore them.  That lasted until fairly recently - but I'm not sure exactly when it ended.

Most coaches dropped the suits look during the pandemic (dry cleaning reasons?).  Some basketball coaches do actually still wear them to games.  Jerry Stackhouse at Vanderbilt, Mick Cronin at UCLA, and the coach at Yale whose name escapes me are some that do.  I know I've seen a few others, but it isn't many.

Edited by CMJ
  • Downvote 1