Interesting take from the coach

I love it. Mac should've called out our administration and fans last year, maybe even the year before. When consistency (the hardest characteristic for mid-majors to have in any sport) has been developed and the administration is still financing the product like we're fkn Winthrop and fans aren't at least averaging 5k a game, call it out. Demand better privately and publicly. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I love it. Mac should've called out our administration and fans last year, maybe even the year before. When consistency (the hardest characteristic for mid-majors to have in any sport) has been developed and the administration is still financing the product like we're fkn Winthrop and fans aren't at least averaging 5k a game, call it out. Demand better privately and publicly. 

Yes and no. He had every right to do it, but the school is obviously trying to turn things around with attendance. The leaders of the Maniacs are actually paid students, and that's something we never had before.

Also, Altman is saying this from a winning P5 program. Mac isn't at that status yet, and if he goes sounding off on a G5 school about their attendance, other schools my take pause. Don't get me wrong, that would work in our favor, but would damage his chances for his next gig. All of this being almost irrelevant with the Tech news. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, Jason Howeth said:

Yes and no. He had every right to do it, but the school is obviously trying to turn things around with attendance. The leaders of the Maniacs are actually paid students, and that's something we never had before.

Also, Altman is saying this from a winning P5 program. Mac isn't at that status yet, and if he goes sounding off on a G5 school about their attendance, other schools my take pause. Don't get me wrong, that would work in our favor, but would damage his chances for his next gig. All of this being almost irrelevant with the Tech news. 

He's won 130 games in 6 years for us. He has the right to voice his displeasures right at us and right to the administration. And, though the maniacs have been nice to stir up the still lacking student support, the administration has not done much of shit to get alum and other students into the building. Tweets and mass emails ain't it. And this isn't a Mosley thing (yet). This is a WB thing resting on his laurels while looking for the next gig. 

• Upvote 4

“We did our part, right? So when are you going to do yours? If I’m wrong, if I’m not doing my part or I’m not the guy for the job, get rid of me. These players deserve better.”

that’s my takeaway. And I like it. Accepts responsibility while simultaneously reminding them that they have a role in it too.

I think they have sold a lot more season tickets but those seat are vacant a lot of the season.  I have four next  to me and I have never seen anybody sit in them the whole season.  

Mac is too classy of a guy to complain.  He is good enough if he is not happy he go somewhere else for more money.

3 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I think they have sold a lot more season tickets but those seat are vacant a lot of the season.  I have four next  to me and I have never seen anybody sit in them the whole season.  

Mac is too classy of a guy to complain.  He is good enough if he is not happy he go somewhere else for more money.

As could the Oregon HC. He's done a good job there and would be swooped up in a heartbeat. But he wants to see the place where his feet are flourish.