North Texas Football Staff Tracker

TheReal_jayD

6 hours ago, Venson said:

TheReal_jayD

Do you have any idea who the O-line coach will be? To me that is one of the most important position coaches on the field. If you can't control the LOS, your skill players will have minimal chance for success.

I have no idea. I had assumed it was going to be Clay Mcguire. But hearing he may have been out of our price range. Was hoping we could land him with maybe throwing in the OC title as well as the opportunity to get back to texas. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Am I remembering wrong or were people saying Passwaters was a pleasant surprise?

They were crediting him with the development of the twins and the “devil” pass rushing position when in reality he inherited strong DT’s in Enoch and Rod Brown and Petrilli was coaching guys like Richards up. 

My point was more along the lines of Seth thinking Bennett was gonna save his ass (which clearly he did not) and giving him free reign to bring on his son in law. 

maybe he was a miracle worker and I’m completely off base. I just think our true strength lied in already having a decent DT rotation, and Petrilli coaching up our impact  pass rushers. Hence why I said I’d want to retain him. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I have no idea. I had assumed it was going to be Clay Mcguire. But hearing he may have been out of our price range. Was hoping we could land him with maybe throwing in the OC title as well as the opportunity to get back to texas. 

If this is the case, that’s truly sad… and a bad look for the program(AD office and booster side). 

there are plenty of ways to rise extra money to go get a coach that is very much needed. 

• Oh Boy! 1

20 hours ago, Venson said:

TheReal_jayD

Do you have any idea who the O-line coach will be? To me that is one of the most important position coaches on the field. If you can't control the LOS, your skill players will have minimal chance for success.

This. I was really hoping we could hold on to Clements, but being realistic, he was likely going to be poached anyway. That unit has made significant strides in the past two years and I hope we don't see a decline. 

On 12/19/2022 at 10:31 AM, TheReal_jayD said:

Chief of Staff - Rolando Surita - Washington State/ Offensive High School Scout

JD…  I can’t find too much info on him, so I’m struggling to see what he brings to the table. I’m certain it’s ignorance on my part. Any background info you can offer? 

Edited by Glory to the Green

20 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

JD…  I can’t find too much info on him, so I’m struggling to see what he brings to the table. I’m certain it’s ignorance on my part. Any background info you can offer? 

Was with Eric at UIW. Tx native. Young guy. I have spoke with him briefly. He was chief of staff at UIW. So there is familiarity. That is key in a position like chief of staff. Seems like a very nice guy and excited to get to work at North Texas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Was with Eric at UIW. Tx native. Young guy. I have spoke with him briefly. He was chief of staff at UIW. So there is familiarity. That is key in a position like chief of staff. Seems like a very nice guy and excited to get to work at North Texas. 

I appreciate the info. Just gave him a follow on Twitter. Glad he’s on board!