Apogee Expansion Blueprint

eternalmtg

On 8/2/2022 at 10:36 PM, NT80 said:

No.  Never liked the UNT initials thing.  Leaves too many people guessing who that is.  North Texas is clean and clear.  Plus it represents over 100 years of all eras of NT.  I did not graduate from UNT, but I did graduate from NT!

You know what's worse?  The stupid microscopic UNT with the eagle attached to it.  It might be an eagle...hard to tell.

1979584116_ScreenShot2022-08-04at12_56_27PM.png.3379d8f4fe454515118f97280d85c94c.png 

Actual size as shown on ESPN.com.

Mr. Baker, can you please pick one or the other (the eagle or UNT) and tell media outlets it's the only acceptable "logo" to represent us!  The current one looks silly and amateurish. 

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

15 minutes ago, keith said:

You know what's worse?  The stupid microscopic UNT with the eagle attached to it.  It might be an eagle...hard to tell.

1979584116_ScreenShot2022-08-04at12_56_27PM.png.3379d8f4fe454515118f97280d85c94c.png 

Actual size as shown on ESPN.com.

Mr. Baker, can you please pick one or the other (the eagle or UNT) and tell media outlets it's the only acceptable "logo" to represent us ?  The current one looks silly and amateurish. 

Very much agree!   Size matters!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 6:25 PM, DeepGreen said:

I’ve got a flat screen TV in my study that’s larger than those little things at Apogee Stadium.

I hope that they abandon the screens in the four corners in time.  Hopefully, after the Athletic offices are completed, we will have a much larger board that will sit atop of that structure.  Likewise, I would hope that another board of similar size would be placed between the wings of the north stands.  

While I'm not a total advocate of "build it and they will come" I feel that we should always have one eye towards expansion until we reach at least 40,000 in order to advance.  Perhaps the AAC might be reclassified to P5 with larger stadiums and increased attendance or possibly with the addition of a couple of members who were formerly P5.  But, if I were honest, I would prefer that they do away with P5 and G5.  I do believe that we will see our attendance increase by three or four thousand per game as a member of the AAC.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 2:36 PM, PlummMeanGreen said:

KTCK’s Norm Hitzges has already mentioned SMU & UTSA as future P5 expansion targets.  

One of the biggest negatives mentioned for Memphis and USF regarding realignment is that they don't control their football stadiums.  I can't imagine it being any different for UTSA

• Upvote 3

On 8/2/2022 at 2:19 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Lol, they won't be needing these expansion blue prints for a long time

To this day, with the exception of walking from the Riverwalk to the Alamo KFC Dome, Charlotte made us walk a mile from non-season ticket holder parking to the stadium only to find out there was only 3k Charlotte fans there for the UNT at Charlotte game.

On 7/30/2022 at 7:13 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

👍 Good video find, Jeff.

End zone projects with extra square footage under or adjacent to them seem to be the thing now.  Did I read on GMG where TTech was fixin’ to put $200 million into one?  (Even some P5 schools are trying to keep themselves relevant). 

Seems SMU smelled re-alignment talk before the most recent “major P5 conference” shake-up happened. So months before the USC/UCLA bombshell they announced their own end zone project.  **FWIW, it also seems SMU figured out there were no G5 schools with 30,000(+/-) seat stadiums being talked up for a future as a P5 candidate.  
I’ve heard AD WBaker needs $100 million+ to get what we need at UNT, but to my knowledge there is no rendering of one yet.

Best part of all this is that our favorite school will still be participants in the NCAA Athletic Facility Arms Race.  
I suppose we had no choice? 

SMU End Zone Project    
**I like where they put their scoreboard—much larger than the one they presently have. 

I have a hot take that this project will actually hurt SMU home game attendance.  I'd guestimate there's a measurable amount of people that go there just to sit in the grass... or they go because their kids can entertain themselves by running up and down the grass.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I have a hot take that this project will actually hurt SMU home game attendance.  I'd guestimate there's a measurable amount of people that go there just to sit in the grass... or they go because their kids can entertain themselves by running up and down the grass.

Agree.   Also, the $$ donors will hole-up in those new extra suites and chit-chat, and never be seen in the actual stands.  Much like our own suites and club level. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I hope that they abandon the screens in the four corners in time.  Hopefully, after the Athletic offices are completed, we will have a much larger board that will sit atop of that structure.  Likewise, I would hope that another board of similar size would be placed between the wings of the north stands.  

While I'm not a total advocate of "build it and they will come" I feel that we should always have one eye towards expansion until we reach at least 40,000 in order to advance.  Perhaps the AAC might be reclassified to P5 with larger stadiums and increased attendance or possibly with the addition of a couple of members who were formerly P5.  But, if I were honest, I would prefer that they do away with P5 and G5.  I do believe that we will see our attendance increase by three or four thousand per game as a member of the AAC.

Hey Jack!  What year did you first start following Mean Green football?  
You are the best, buddy! 👍

Photo 1: Lamar Hunts first AFL Super Star—the great Abner Haynes        
Photo 2: A 1960’s Band Day at old Fouts Field         
Photo 3 An early pic of Fouts Field—Interstate 35E had recently been completed.

620950B0-1C12-4C15-ACE3-8548693C21BD.jpeg.60ab7ee5bb759d344fed4b4983bf04b8.jpeg1AC797B8-A68D-4186-A179-B8DA548E1FF3.jpeg.9b54b40c3bbacd7192d646c5683dc077.jpeg8F4D276F-9E9A-4520-BC77-FCB51CF80732.jpeg.7ea55e7c3ee115d014b157e02e217e9c.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Hey Jack!  What year did you first start following Mean Green football?  
You are the best, buddy! 👍

Photo 1: Lamar Hunts first AFL Super Star—the great Abner Haynes        
Photo 2: A 1960’s Band Day at old Fouts Field         
Photo 3 An early pic of Fouts Field—Interstate 35E had recently been completed.

620950B0-1C12-4C15-ACE3-8548693C21BD.jpeg.60ab7ee5bb759d344fed4b4983bf04b8.jpeg1AC797B8-A68D-4186-A179-B8DA548E1FF3.jpeg.9b54b40c3bbacd7192d646c5683dc077.jpeg8F4D276F-9E9A-4520-BC77-FCB51CF80732.jpeg.7ea55e7c3ee115d014b157e02e217e9c.jpeg

Edited by GrayEagle
deleted a line
  • Upvote 2

Jim, the first game that I attended at North Texas was 1947 Homecoming at the old stadium that was roughly where the library mall now exists.  I enrolled in the fall of 1948 and left to go into the Navy in 1950.  I returned in January of 1955 and graduated in 1957.  Abner Haynes was a freshman when I graduated.  I was home on leave and got to see the opening game of Fouts Field.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

Jim, the first game that I attended at North Texas was 1947 Homecoming at the old stadium that was roughly where the library mall now exists.  I enrolled in the fall of 1948 and left to go into the Navy in 1950.  I returned in January of 1955 and graduated in 1957.  Abner Haynes was a freshman when I graduated.  I was home on leave and got to see the opening game of Fouts Field.  

1947? Wow!    
Did you know Norma Hunt, ie, Lamar’s widow who was also a North Texas student about the same time? 
I got to see Abner Haynes against the Houston Oilers back in the day.  
Lamar Hunt called Abner the first superstar in the AFL & also said if there had been franchise player designations back then that Haynes would have more than fit that role.

GMG!