45 minutes

NT93

I give Littrell credit…he got the team ready for these games here at the end of the season. He knew this was what would be the defining stretch of the season for him to get his next year on his contract. Now, with FIU coming up, he probably gets a 5th win and surpasses the last couple of years’ win totals. Unbelievable…

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

Some people are just a different animal when their backs are against the wall.

I am convinced that is why Aune is still starting.     For what he lacks in accuracy and occasional decision making, he makes up for in mental toughness.     He doesn't sulk after making a terrible decision/throw and is able to rebound.   

We need to upgrade the position badly.   But for now, I think that mental toughness and experience is what is allowing Aune to hold onto the job.   Seth just doesn't appear to trust anyone else right, which is a shame because we should probably be evaluating future QB's.   But then again, Seth needs to win games now for both his immediate and potential future opportunities.   So, he is probably taking the safest route.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

22 hours ago, akriesman said:

I am convinced that is why Aune is still starting.     For what he lacks in accuracy and occasional decision making, he makes up for in mental toughness.     He doesn't sulk after making a terrible decision/throw and is able to rebound.   

We need to upgrade the position badly.   But for now, I think that mental toughness and experience is what is allowing Aune to hold onto the job.   Seth just doesn't appear to trust anyone else right, which is a shame because we should probably be evaluating future QB's.   But then again, Seth needs to win games now for both his immediate and potential future opportunities.   So, he is probably taking the safest route.

Evaluating players is what spring training is for.

3 minutes ago, Hookset said:

Evaluating players is what spring training is for.

Yet he opened the season with Ruder who arrived in the fall when school started.  I've have written a number of times about how SL mismanaged the QB position resulting in the ruined confidence of two players, one that is performing way below last year's performance and the other that was a four star rated recruit out of high school.  Beyond those two, he won't play Martin unless the other two are on their way to the county morgue and I know for a fact that he took Gilmore based on a recommendation from Stoops at Kentucky, a recommendation that he realized was just a way for Kentucky to dump a scholarship and ruined his relationship with Stoops.