I’m sad about Seth 😢

greengal

1 hour ago, meangreenbob said:

SAD? Why?

No conference championships. No bowl wins. Blow out losses.  

And yet he’s a multi-millionaire at our expense. 

Sad for Littrell? Really? I’m sad for the fans. The season ticket holders. I’m sad for the wasted years. 

WASTED YEARS??

merlin_146919828_1457a953-6ab4-4620-bd11

9770718-ncaa-football-heart-of-dallas-bo

57 Rico Bussey Jr Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

USATSI_10269978.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Darden Named to ESPN All-America Team - University of North Texas Athletics

darden-1024x576.jpg

I don't know what you were watching, but I watched some of the best football & football players the Mean Green has ever seen while Littrell was here.   Count me as one who thought we had the guy that was going to start us on our run to perpetual 8/9+ win seasons.   I don't know what went wrong, but it sucks.   I too, am sad about Seth.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Seth Littrell is a great person with a great family, and you won't meet anyone who doesn't like and respect him personally. We all know that this is a win-now business, and professionally, we also know that things have slid in reverse these last few years. Choosing to move from Flower Mound to Westlake doesn't impact any of the matters above. 

It does stink to see the trajectory of the program versus where it was a few years ago. That said, the university and department leadership have invested heavily, and helped us into a new conference, making this one of the best G5 football jobs in America. Excited to see the direction that we go under Wren Baker after this season is complete. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

WASTED YEARS??

darden-1024x576.jpg

I don't know what you were watching, but I watched some of the best football & football players the Mean Green has ever seen while Littrell was here.   Count me as one who thought we had the guy that was going to start us on our run to perpetual 8/9+ win seasons.   I don't know what went wrong, but it sucks.   I too, am sad about Seth.

I too would like to know what happened to Seth Littrell.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

WASTED YEARS??

darden-1024x576.jpg

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

SAD? Why?

No conference championships. No bowl wins. Blow out losses.  

And yet he’s a multi-millionaire at our expense. 

Sad for Littrell? Really? I’m sad for the fans. The season ticket holders. I’m sad for the wasted years. 

The program is infinitely better off than it was pre-Littrell. From a talent level to overall program interest. So if his legacy is he started the rise of UNT football, I wouldn’t call it a wasted time. 

• Upvote 6

I’m sad he couldn’t get it done…he’s been paid a lot of money relatively speaking. In the end he recruited better than anyone before him right? Had a fun system people wanted to watch? I think in the end what doomed him was his inability to put together an overall good staff? I don’t know that’s all I can think of 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1