Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Colby Ferguson

Unt vs OU (NO)

Recommended Posts

Very good game played by both teams, mean green had the lead most of the game. If we hit some more 3 pointers that would’ve changed the game. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Colby Ferguson said:

Very good game played by both teams, mean green had the lead most of the game. If we hit some more 3 pointers that would’ve changed the game. 

They just cooled off at the end or we probably would have won.  Their guy Doolittle is a stud and will be playing in the NBA tho.  That 3 he made at the end was ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

They just cooled off at the end or we probably would have won.  Their guy Doolittle is a stud and will be playing in the NBA tho.  That 3 he made at the end was ice.

And he had Simmons' hand in his face too.  It wasn't like Simmons did a poor job defending there... just gotta hand it to that guy.   
I really thought Bell was going to introduce himself to the Mean Green fans with his last shot.  Dang.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

And he had Simmons' hand in his face too.  It wasn't like Simmons did a poor job defending there... just gotta hand it to that guy.   
I really thought Bell was going to introduce himself to the Mean Green fans with his last shot.  Dang.

Simmons had some good defense on Doolittle, but he is too good. He had what 31 points?

Also Bell was the last guy I wanted to shoot the final shot 😂 OU had good pressure on Mo who passed it in for some reason. I think the Timeout that MaCasland called for the free throws was unneeded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Simmons had some good defense on Doolittle, but he is too good. He had what 31 points?

Also Bell was the last guy I wanted to shoot the final shot 😂 OU had good pressure on Mo who passed it in for some reason. I think the Timeout that MaCasland called for the free throws was unneeded

Oh, I know.   I wish we would have had Mo & Draper planted at the 3pt line on the other end, ready to shoot, but I guess you need a guy you can trust to bring the ball up the floor first before finding the shooter.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh, I know.   I wish we would have had Mo & Draper planted at the 3pt line on the other end, ready to shoot, but I guess you need a guy you can trust to bring the ball up the floor first before finding the shooter.

Agreed. Draper was on fire from 3 last night to the point I really thought he should have had that final shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

And he had Simmons' hand in his face too.  It wasn't like Simmons did a poor job defending there... just gotta hand it to that guy.   
I really thought Bell was going to introduce himself to the Mean Green fans with his last shot.  Dang.

Yup. And Doolittle didn’t make a single three all of last season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I didn’t get why Mo was passing it in. That’s what confused me

That was the designed play to get him the ball coming up the court.   Coach knew OU was going to try and disrupt the inbound pass there, so he drew up the give-and-go so Mo could bring the ball up the court.    Of course, he's a shooter, so their perimeter D is going to collapse on him as he gets close to the line.  That's what left Bell open.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That was the designed play to get him the ball coming up the court.   Coach knew OU was going to try and disrupt the inbound pass there, so he drew up the give-and-go so Mo could bring the ball up the court.    Of course, he's a shooter, so their perimeter D is going to collapse on him as he gets close to the line.  That's what left Bell open.

Ohhh. God job by OU to leave Bell open😂

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at last nights game and we had a shot at winning it.  This team did not back down to OU and it looks like the team is developing chemistry.   I think we make a lot of noise in CUSA play.  

Fun fact from last nights game. Not sure anyone else noticed this but OU pick their first foul with about five minutes left in the first half.  15 minutes with no fouls must be record. Simmons had two in the first three minutes.  I have never seen a team not have any fouls in that length of time.  I was so shocked when actually called one. I am not sure if it was just our bad refs from CUSA or the refs rode here on the OU bus.  

The OU fans were good or the ones that sat around me anyway.  Nice to see the pit with a lot of people in it.  Both teams played a good game. I am optimistic about the future games.  Fill the pit!  You could tell the players were very disappointed with the loss.

At the games conclusion Coach Mac thanked the fans for coming.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.