NIT

MCMLXXX

22 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I suspect that McCasland's first year here will look a lot like Jankovich did here in his first season after Gales was fired in 1994, as well as Johnny Jones after Trilli. Both coaches went .500 or better in their first season, where the kids that stayed were excited as hell to have new coaches that were excited to be here. I suspect that will occur here, somewhere in the .500 range.

After the last five years, I'd be happy with right around .500 next year. Frankly, that should get us at least INTO the conference tournament next year. Hopefully, we'll be better than .500 in 2019. 

47 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

After the last five years, I'd be happy with right around .500 next year. Frankly, that should get us at least INTO the conference tournament next year. Hopefully, we'll be better than .500 in 2019. 

I think McCasland may have shot himself in the foot with his turnaround at ARSt.   Going from 11 wins to 20 wins in 1 year is a 9-game improvement.   This would equate to a 17-13 season... and that obviously doesn't include any additional C-USA tourney games.

This is my expectation for next season (especially if Lawson/Combs return).   It should be his as well.

• Upvote 1

You just have to tip your hat to the horny frogs. They flat ran GT out of the Garden...made them Ramblin' Wrecks.

Could be us doing that next year!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

You just have to tip your hat to the horny frogs. They flat ran GT out of the Garden...made them Ramblin' Wrecks.

Could be us doing that next year!

Per the Startlegram on Dixon's milestones this season for TCU....

First trip to a championship game in any post season tournament.

First 20-win season since '04-'05.

Most wins since winning 27 in '98.

First win over a #1 ranked team(Kansas).

First road win over Texas in 30 years.

First season seeet of Texas in 30 years.

First trip to the semi's of Big 12 tournament.

First win over Iowa St in 20 years.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dixon is a great coach--he knew that winning at Pitt was going to get much harder because of the ACC schedule, which was an upgrade from the old Big East. Basically, Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville traded away UConn, Georgetown, Villanova, and others for UNC, Duke, UVa, and the rest.

TCU was home and they made a great commitment. Dixon should do great things for them. Their ceiling is much higher than SMUs, just from conference affiliation. I actually believe they can become even better than Baylor, just because Dixon is 100x the game coach that Drew is...his bibles full of cash bring in lots of talent, but his x's and o's are on par with any of the best "roll out the ball rack and play" coaches we have ever seen.

Ha! TCU sucks and always will. You're right that being in the Big 12 helps them slightly but when the AAC adds Wichita St in 2018 it will help our conference profile. We also need UConn and Memphis to get back to being UConn and Memphis. As for TCU, they need to beat us before we can start the talk of them passing us by (little dig at Mac Engel). We've won four straight against the froggies. Our game next season in FW should be great with both teams possibly ranked. Should be s bigtime environment. 

Anyway, I stopped by to congratulate you on your new head coach and hiring his best recruiting assistant. Two very good hires. I hope he gets you guys going. 
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2