Old Dominion (1/28/17)

Army of Dad

Just now, Army of Dad said:

ODU leads at the half. 30-27

Technically a winnable game although with the "adjustments" we make at half we might as well have a different second half coach. We have led 6 games at half and lost and then another 4 or so we have been within 5 points and then also lost... that's 10 games that should have been wins with adjustments at half. Maybe Benford is first half coach and then no one coaches the second half... Suprisingly we have been a decent first half team this year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Half time report

Horrible feed as has become the norm from NT.  I wonder if a radio feed and a still picture is worth paying for.   Well it started out good, turned to fuzzy than nothing.  At least the commercials are clear. 

Lawson after a double double last game, barely saw the court

Tamara in first 8 or so, 4 pts and 6 rbs than substituted for and comes back could

Brice back to thinking he is an outside shooter

Team looks like for the short time with a picture, to be playing hard

Johnson a positive factor for a change. 

• Downvote 1

Was their every any doubt?

At least had a picture although fuzzy the second half.

Brice had one of his best games, Tamara also a plus game

Lawson not used much and not a factor

Reese solid second half, not sure if Johnson even played in second half

Give Benford a little credit, this team is still trying to win

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Just now, GrandGreen said:

Was their every any doubt?

At least had a picture although fuzzy the second half.

Brice had one of his best games, Tamara also a plus game

Lawson not used much and not a factor

Reese solid second half, not sure if Johnson even played in second half

Give Benford a little credit, this team is still trying to win

Trying and succeeding are 2 very different things. 

Half way to 0-18. Amazed so many are perfectly ok with that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Random, but this week I listened to the peach basket episode where you guys discussed the then recently broken news of Tony Mitchell enrolling at North Texas.

I hope the next hire is good and exciting enough to bring you and @Censored by Laurie out of retirement. 

Agree. That was a good, informative listen. Then again, back then they had something to talk about. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Trying and succeeding are 2 very different things. 

Half way to 0-18. Amazed so many are perfectly ok with that.

Show me where anyone has stated that this team's performance is perfectly ok.   I guess you would be doing cartwheels if the team gave completely up and got beat by 50.  The majority of fans have expressed their negative view of Benford's performance for years; but don't feel the need to express that over and over when it is obvious that he will soon be replaced.   

I gave Benford some credit and I will do it again for having a very beat up and should be demoralized team at least competitive in a game.  I really don't see how anybody can disagree with that, and how it even counters your "fire him now" mantra.   

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Show me where anyone has stated that this team's performance is perfectly ok.   I guess you would be doing cartwheels if the team gave completely up and got beat by 50.  The majority of fans have expressed their negative view of Benford's performance for years; but don't feel the need to express that over and over when it is obvious that he will soon be replaced.   

I gave Benford some credit and I will do it again for having a very beat up and should be demoralized team at least competitive in a game.  I really don't see how anybody can disagree with that, and how it even counters your "fire him now" mantra.   

I give him credit for taking a NCAA tournament/ border line top 25 team 5 years ago when he got the job, to on pace to be 0-18 in conference. 

3 minutes ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

I give him credit for taking a NCAA tournament/ border line top 25 team to on pace to be 0-18 in conference. 

That's pretty impressive to do that much damage to a program 

Edited by shootermcgavin44
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3