CUSA Championship Game

DeepGreen

27 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

La Tech vs Western Kentucky and there can't be 8,000 in attendance.  Pathetic.

i know NT can't cast stones but this is a championship game!

We would easily triple 8K for a home conference championship game, easily. Probably more. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

Western Kentucky

16239 vs North Texas

15516 vs FIU

18676 vs ODU

17331 vs Houston Baptist

23674 vs Vandy

19286 vs Rice

Kinda looks like what we do in Denton.  Decent in the beginning, but not so much as it gets cold.

We do better in Denton. They peaked with a P5 home game. Then fell under 20K every home game and the majority weren't even that close to 20K. 

To note, this is coming off a 1-11 season for us and not a conference championship as WKU won it in 2015. 

24.7 vs SMU

15.6 vs BC

19.8 vs Middle

18.2 vs Marshall 

21.6 vs LaTech

19.1 vs SoMiss 

That is substantially better especially considering we are coming off a 1-11 campaign and WKU came off a conference championship. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

We would easily triple 8K for a home conference championship game, easily. Probably more. 

Depending on weather and time of game, if it was this cold drizzle we are having I think 8K would be better than I would expect. 

What WKU has done:

• Five straight winning seasons.
  • Back to back ten win seasons.
  • Beaten an in state P5 multiple times.
  • Had an incredibly high scoring offense.

And despite all that, despite hosting the conference championship, their attendance was worse than we had in the last home game of Mac's last year.

It's really mind boggling. 

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

What WKU has done:

And despite all that, despite hosting the conference championship, their attendance was worse than we had in the last home game of Mac's last year.

That's crazy.  Could it be due to their basketball first mentality and that their fans just aren't into football??

Rick

11 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

What WKU has done:

Yes it is. We won't have these issues when our program reaches that sustained level of success.

7 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

That's crazy.  Could it be due to their basketball first mentality and that their fans just aren't into football??

Rick

I don't think anyone knows for sure.  I know a lot of their fans blame their AD for poor marketing.    However it has to be more than that.  They never had great attendance in 1AA, and they won a national championship there.  

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

I don't think anyone knows for sure.  I know a lot of their fans blame their AD for poor marketing.    However it has to be more than that.  They never had great attendance in 1AA, and they won a national championship there.  

so, CUSA officials basically brought them in for basketball prestige?