Sports Illustrated Bowl Projections

GMG_Dallas

14 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Cure bowl is AAC vs SBC

AAC has 8 bowl tie ins and has 7 bowl eligible teams right now.  If SMU can't win against Navy (not likely) then yet their Cure bowl slot might go un used.  

However CUSA has six bowl tie ins and will most likely have 6 bowl eligible teams.  Why exactly would CUSA stiff a bowl partner to go to another conferences bowl?

19 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Cure bowl is AAC vs SBC

AAC has 8 bowl tie ins and has 7 bowl eligible teams right now.  If SMU can't win against Navy (not likely) then yet their Cure bowl slot might go un used.  

However CUSA has six bowl tie ins and will most likely have 6 bowl eligible teams.  Why exactly would CUSA stiff a bowl partner to go to another conferences bowl?

yeah that wouldn't make sense

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

More exposure playing Navy in Ft Worth in a higher profile bowl game and it would be close to Denton. Is playing New Mexico, who also runs a triple option if I'm not mistaken, worth it just for the perceived better chances of a win versus a greater risk in playing Navy? There's no shame in losing to Navy this year. It seems like that game would be a high risk, high reward game and if we were to pull it off, it could really propel this program upwards for the upcoming years. I'm not sure playing New Mexico would have the same impact, win or lose.

Very high risk. It's definitely something to think about if we value NT talk in the DFW area during Bowl Season. However, what would the perception be if Navy whoops NT 65-20? 'Cause that's a very realistic outcome....

Edited by Got5onIt

28 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Very high risk. It's definitely something to think about if we value NT talk in the DFW area during Bowl Season. However, what would the perception be if Navy whoops NT 65-20? 'Cause that's a very realistic outcome....

Honestly I'm not sure we would lose that bad. They haven't beat anybody by that kind of margin and we played the triple option well against army. Even if we did lose that bad though, it would still make for a great season considering where we were last year. How often will we get the chance to replace a big 12 school at a bowl game hosted in our backyard, fort worth? If the opportunity is there, I think you have to take it.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Bahamas or Hawaii Bowl. 

50 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I'd prefer the Bahamas bowl.  

21 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I think we end up in the Bahamas Bowl.

Damn...3 quotes of you...I'd love it for the boys to get to go to the bahamas or hawaii...they deserve a fancy trip...not new Mexico or ft worth 

Passports are no big deal if you take the approach the MAC took with the International Bowl and serious pain if you take the Big East approach to the International Bowl.

The Big East schools mostly waited to the last minute to deal with it. The MAC schools generally walked players through the process in August when they reported, then each year after the first, only had to deal with newcomers and with so many Ohio and Michigan players they always had some who already had a passport or passport card for travel to Canada. Now with full cost of attendance just make it a required purchase and deduct it from COA :)

2 hours ago, THOR said:

Damn...3 quotes of you...I'd love it for the boys to get to go to the bahamas or hawaii...they deserve a fancy trip...not new Mexico or ft worth 

Let me be clear.  I don't own stock in the Bahamas bowl.  My strong preference would be the play a B10 team in the Heart of Dallas.  There isn't going to be a B10 team in the HoD this year we won't get the invite this time anyway.  

It obvious we are going to one of the lower tier CUSA bowl games because of our record, and no one wants to go to Hawaii or Bahamas because their fans can't travel.   

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Why?

I'd rather take a trip to the Bahamas than to  New Mexico.  I've been to New Mexico... Sante Fe is nice.   

9 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/week-13-bowl-projections-playoff-rankings-alabama-ohio-state-michigan-michigan-state-penn-state-clemson-washington/rm1q5y0go8v01f5s9pokzijm0

I think the New Mexico bowl would be cool!

Gildan New Mexico Bowl: New Mexico vs. North Texas

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Miami, Ohio vs. North Texas

when Tech played in that Boise Bowl, it was vs. Clemson