Saturday's Forecast

StealthEagle84

Looks like its going to be cold and windy Saturday.  High of 54 degrees with winds of 20-30 mph (according to The Weather Channel).  I'm afraid the elements will not be in our favor.  I don't care what you say, going into that when you've practiced in weather right 90 degrees all week will be tough.  No excuses though.  Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

Looks like its going to be cold and windy Saturday.  High of 54 degrees with winds of 20-30 mph (according to The Weather Channel).  I'm afraid the elements will not be in our favor.  I don't care what you say, going into that when you've practiced in weather right 90 degrees all week will be tough.  No excuses though.  Go Mean Green!

Hopefully being around 50 degrees at kickoff will be refreshing for our guys. Since Fine hasn't showed a huge vertical game thus far, maybe 20MPH winds might not affect our game too badly. Our OL could have to go a little Mac power game retro.

15 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

It's been in the upper 70s the last few days and will be in the 80s today up here, so mid to upper 50s will be a change of pace for both teams.  Hopefully the wind and any rain from the front(s) won't knock all the leaves off the trees before game time.

15 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

might be as nice break.  That is not too cold, and is definitely a more comfortable ambient than 90...I say it is a nice and refreshing change...wind my be an issue....  Our punting is an asset....especially in a close game

Rain at 50% chance now in the forecast for West Point as well for Saturday.  But, big chance of rain forecast for the Rice game and nary a drop.

So, keep fingers crossed, but pack accordingly.  Rain chances seem to be increasing daily.

Rain Rain go away......

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/west-point-ny/10996/hourly-weather-forecast/339795?hour=81

Going to be a wet track for at least half of the game.  The Field Turf should handle the water, but the wind could be a factor.

Should be interesting if Fine can handle it.

His worst game in HS was cold and rainy (though I think much colder than this game).

Fine's last game in high school was in freezing rain (28-30 deg. f) and a very muddy field (puddles of water almost ankle deep on field).  I have watched him play in rain, wind and turf many times without any major problems.  The problem in the last playoff game was a muddy and slimy ball with frozen hands.  I was told the receivers couldn't feel their hands after their warm-ups.  The rest of the state playoff games were postponed by the OSSAA except this one.

5658eeefb263e.image.jpg?resize=760%2C596

Image result for locust grove lone grove pics

• Upvote 1