Baylor and Hansen

Wag Tag

14 hours ago, 3XL said:

anyone else see the irony...when UNT90 damn near craps his pants with outrage by posting "Joe Pa Knew for 35 years"...article about boys getting raped at Penn State...yet is somehow is defending the Baylor Bunch when their women are getting raped...

What does UNT90 want? For Baylor victims, their friends, their family & advocates "men or women" to keep quiet...

While I'm sure, I'm going to get pummeled for defending @UNT90 here, I think allowing a defensive coordinator, both while he is employed with the team and then after in a non-profit role, maintaining an on-campus office, to use both football facilities and football perks (i.e. game tickets) to sodomize young boys in the football showers is vastly different from players being both accused and in two cases convicted of rape committed away from athletic facilities. Rape is bad, we all agree on that but let us not compare a maniac's preying upon underage and underprivileged boys. No Baylor assistants walked in on any Baylor player raping an underage person in the football showers and then had their superiors cover it up.

The only connection is that they both involve college football and rape but the nuts and bolts of the situations couldn't be more different.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All @UNT90 had to do was point out that what Briles et al did was wrong and he could have made his point about Hanson.  He didn't do that, and in my estimation he should have.  i agree that Dale pounces on hot issues, much like the SMU saga back in the day.  But honestly - that's what he does.  Investigative journalism basically does not exist anymore.  TMZ rules the roost.

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Ah, personal insults. I didn't know Dale was your cousin. Is it by marriage? If so, which of the 10?

you need a new "go to" come back....the relation line is getting old.....Now that RV is gone, I was hoping you would find peace in life....I guess a haters got to hate.....all the time

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

you need a new "go to" come back....the relation line is getting old.....Now that RV is gone, I was hoping you would find peace in life....I guess a haters got to hate.....all the time

Ya, I'm hating when people are calling me names. Lol. 

And to @Harry's point, I have no idea as what Briles did was wrong or right. I don't obsess over Baylor football. IF he protected players over women who were raped, then of course that's awful. I don't have that evidence. 

JoePa is a COMPLETELY different situation as most of the evidence is on the table, with more coming out that proves he cared more about his own reputation than protecting children he knew would be raped. In Texas, he could be guilty as a party to the offense of  Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child. Dispicable human behavior.

No one should compare these 2 scenarios. They are vastly different.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Hansen is right on, I don't understand how anyone can deny that.   Bringing up Penn State and a NT player has nothing to do with the Baylor case.   

Hansen was right on about 6 months after the fact and was only right on when he thought HE could get something out of it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Hansen was right on about 6 months after the fact and was only right on when he thought HE could get something out of it. 

If I said the world is round, you would have some kind of counter argument.  You can take and generally do the cynical view of anything.  Do you disagree with anything he said?    It was an editorial comment that almost anybody would agree with despite his motivation.   

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

You don't know me, you only know Internet me. You should take that into consideration.

I take it, from the comment above, that you know Dale and not just the "TV Dale."

58 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Wow. Look how effective the Hanson rant was! Lol.

He could have saved the airtime for reporting on sports and just bought a banner.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I take it, from the comment above, that you know Dale and not just the "TV Dale."

He could have saved the airtime for reporting on sports and just bought a banner.

Na, banners are NEVER effective. Just ask anyone whose never been involved in flying one...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

55 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

If I said the world is round, you would have some kind of counter argument.  You can take and generally do the cynical view of anything.  Do you disagree with anything he said?    It was an editorial comment that almost anybody would agree with despite his motivation.   

Agree here.  Why, 90, does something always have to have some conspiracy or, in your view, untoward motivation behind it?

I am the last person the stand in Dale Hansen's corner because I think he's made a career of unwarranted baiting of certain coaches/players he doesn't like.  And, 93% of the time, he comes across as phony to me.

But, he right about this thing regardless of what his personal motivation might be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Harry said:

All @UNT90 had to do was point out that what Briles et al did was wrong and he could have made his point about Hanson.  He didn't do that, and in my estimation he should have.  i agree that Dale pounces on hot issues, much like the SMU saga back in the day.  But honestly - that's what he does.  Investigative journalism basically does not exist anymore.  TMZ rules the roost.

I'm with you there Harry. 

Two big egos. I'm very fond of both. 

Edited by SilverEagle

1 hour ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Agree here.  Why, 90, does something always have to have some conspiracy or, in your view, untoward motivation behind it?

I am the last person the stand in Dale Hansen's corner because I think he's made a career of unwarranted baiting of certain coaches/players he doesn't like.  And, 93% of the time, he comes across as phony to me.

But, he right about this thing regardless of what his personal motivation might be.

Dale Hanson shamelessly promotes Dale Hansen. I don't listen to him because it's never about the issue, it's about Dale Hanson addressing the issue and the mileage Dale Hansen can get out of it. And he will always take the view that is popular at the time. Attention whoring isn't a "conspiracy," it's what Dale does. 

Constantly.

You are a freaking sports reporter, not some great social commentator. 

Report sports. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Dale Hanson shamelessly promotes Dale Hansen. I don't listen to him because it's never about the issue, it's about Dale Hanson addressing the issue and the mileage Dale Hansen can get out of it.

So... you're mad he stole your bit?  Hate to say it but Hansen was Hansen-ing before anyone ever even heard of UNT90-ing.

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

So... you're mad he stole your bit?  Hate to say it but Hansen was Hansen-ing before anyone ever even heard of UNT90-ing.

I shamelessly promoted the firing of Rick Villarreal, I didn't shamelessly promote myself.

Taking credit for Rick Villarreal's dismissal would be shameless and innacurate self-promotion, and I would never do that...

• Upvote 1