George Dunham discussed Hank as AD in KTCK

greenjoe

2 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

As to you direct question, the company had a huge decline in sales and I believe some of her decisions pushed this along. But the entire industry was suffering - from '08 through '13 DVD (including Blu-ray) declined 20% to 25% every single year. 

The key point is to let the incoming management make decisions and not folks on the outside. People on the outside have incomplete information and base their decisions on their personal interactions. Those vary - I dealt with Hank around a dozen times on various things mostly 8 to 10 years ago. In almost no case did my desired outcome happen, but no issues with Hank at all. 

Hank isn't a good fit for for AD, but the new AD is the one who should be doing the evaluations for other positions, not random fans like us. 

Of course it should be the new AD's job to decide but for me and many others who have been around the last 21 years or longer, should he be retained it'll be like watching a car wreck about to happen.  You see it, you know what's about to happen but there's nothing you can do but close your eyes.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Of course it should be the new AD's job to decide but for me and many others who have been around the last 21 years or longer, should he be retained it'll be like watching a car wreck about to happen.  You see it, you know what's about to happen but there's nothing you can do but close your eyes.

Rick

And as one of the folks who's been around 40 years, I can assure you it is simply NOT up to individual fans to decide personnel. It simply isn't right for we the fans to inject our personal bias into the situation. Let the new AD decide how they are going to get this program turned around. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

And as one of the folks who's been around 40 years, I can assure you it is simply NOT up to individual fans to decide personnel. It simply isn't right for we the fans to inject our personal bias into the situation. Let the new AD decide how they are going to get this program turned around. 

I agree with you but I reserve the right to express my opinion. Also, if the new AD makes a shit sandwich I reserve the right not to eat it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I agree with you but I reserve the right to express my opinion. Also, if the new AD makes a shit sandwich I reserve the right not to eat it.

That's true! And I don't expect Rick to like it IF Hank gets retained. 

I'm sure you also know that the new AD IS going to make some mistakes along the way trying to turn this thing around. The new AD must have some room to experiment and not all experiments will work. As I've written here repeatedly if you've never hired the wrong person, you haven't done much hiring. But you do NOT automatically fire someone for a mistake, you base firing, resigning, retraining and sometimes just accepting the mistake on a case by case basis. Things are almost never just black and white but rather lots of shades of gray. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

It's just VideoEagle's way of basically telling us to shut up because he doesnt like controversy. We have a lot of these types folks here.  

Rick 

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

3 hours ago, UNT78 said:

Hank is a nice person with a bad attitude, he has run big money donors off, myself included. He just doesn't have the skill set to do this job effectively, we need someone that has a "yes we can" demeanor, Hank is beat down and only stays because no one else wants him...sorry, but this is true, he's "Rick's boy" nothing will change if he's put in this position.

jg7Bq3EYD16Lu.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On May 31, 2016 at 9:55 AM, VideoEagle said:

I encourage EVEYONE to write an email to the new AD letting him/her know what you PERSONALLY have experienced.

What Video advocates is keeping your mouth shut and giving current personnel the opportunity to lie about what has gone on in the past. Will people lie to keep their jobs? You better believe it.

Should the new AD make the determination of who to keep and who to fire? Yes. Should he have info from BOTH SIDES of the issue? ABSOLUTELY.

You are a paying customer receiving a service. You should never be told to shut up.

23 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

It's just VideoEagle's way of basically telling us to shut up because he doesnt like controversy. We have a lot of these types folks here.  

Rick 

He was also one of the biggest defenders of the last AD. Again, you always have to wonder how much personal relationships and personal manipulation plays into these folks opinions.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5