George Dunham discussed Hank as AD in KTCK

greenjoe

It happened towards the end of the 9:35 segment yesterday.  He said he believes that his good friend Hank is the guy for the job.  He thinks that Hank has great relationships already established in Denton and could help engage the community.  

Check on the Unticket later today or tomorrow to see if they've posted the show's archive.    

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I honestly wouldn't expect less from George.   He and Hank are close friends.  He has a platform to help his friend.  His friendship is clouding his judgement about what is best for the Athletic Department though.  

The only things Hank has learned about being an Athletic Director for the past 15 years are from Rick Villareal.  We just fired Rick.  We don't need Rick's protege running our Athletic Department.

So much this. 

Its the same old "he's a good guy, let's not fire him/let's give him the job." 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

15 minutes ago, meangreen15 said:

It happened towards the end of the 9:35 segment yesterday.  He said he believes that his good friend Hank is the guy for the job.  He thinks that Hank has great relationships already established in Denton and could help engage the community.  

Check on the Unticket later today or tomorrow to see if they've posted the show's archive.    

Has hank been "engaging" the community the past 15 years?

Just say NO to Hank!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I like Hank. Always seemed to be a real polished guy. I want someone new for AD though. Relationships are great, but I want excitement. I want improvement. Relationships haven't galvanized the fanbase and increased donations (ok fine, they paid for McCarney's buyout).

I don't want a Steve patterson, but Hank seems too much like a "good-ole-boy" that won't give the athletic department the shaekup it sorely needs. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I read somewhere (maybe the DRC) that George Dunham really spoke highly of Hank Dickenson for the AD job on the Ticket in the last few days.  Does anyone have a audio or does someone, with good accuracy recall what was said ? 

GO MEAN GREEN

Good lord Joe,..you've been here for all of Hanks 21 years.  Why in the world would you care to hear this to even contemplate the idea?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

41 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I don't want someone that can just continue to get the same money from the same sources.  We need to figure out a way to keep what has been built, but can pivot the program by building win win relationships that build synergy.  Someone that can give 110% and really think outside the box.  

I don't want someone to just go after the low hanging fruit.  They need to push the envelope by using best practices to create a paradigm shift to expand our core competencies and maximize customer satisfaction.  We have to bring our A game if we are going to create a robust, scalable, partnership with our fans.

We need someone with a vision that is strategic, but actionable.  Someone that can multi task.  A real thought leader.  A game changer that can manage expectations.

The elephant in the room is gone.  No more 800 pound gorilla.  No need to run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.  We know that we currently have too many chiefs and not enough indians.  We need boots on the ground in order to become an industry leader, because we all know that the scenery only changes if you are the lead dog.  Now, more than ever is the time to step up to the plate and raise the bar instead of just putting lipstick on a pig.

Web 2.0, Six Sigma, synergy (can never have too much synergy).

So you think you can do better? Give it a shot: http://info.venderepartners.com/bid/48529/B2B-Sales-Humor-The-Top-100-Overused-Business-Clich-s

Every phony phrase ever muttered in conference rooms coordinated into a somewhat thoughtful post? 

Bravo.???

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

49 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

I don't want someone that can just continue to get the same money from the same sources.  We need to figure out a way to keep what has been built, but can pivot the program by building win win relationships that build synergy.  Someone that can give 110% and really think outside the box.  

I don't want someone to just go after the low hanging fruit.  They need to push the envelope by using best practices to create a paradigm shift to expand our core competencies and maximize customer satisfaction.  We have to bring our A game if we are going to create a robust, scalable, partnership with our fans.

We need someone with a vision that is strategic, but actionable.  Someone that can multi task.  A real thought leader.  A game changer that can manage expectations.

The elephant in the room is gone.  No more 800 pound gorilla.  No need to run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.  We know that we currently have too many chiefs and not enough indians.  We need boots on the ground in order to become an industry leader, because we all know that the scenery only changes if you are the lead dog.  Now, more than ever is the time to step up to the plate and raise the bar instead of just putting lipstick on a pig.

So you think you can do better? Give it a shot: http://info.venderepartners.com/bid/48529/B2B-Sales-Humor-The-Top-100-Overused-Business-Clich-s

Is this a resume?  It looks really good!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

tumblr_nm4d2wZ7Go1r7r8d2o1_500.gif

7SXSBtW.gif

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Damn, that just gave me traumatic flashbacks from my publishing sales days.  Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be, I don't recognize too many of those that are used in accounting, though we certainly have our own industry specific cliches.

Hank is a great stand up guy, is very involved in the community and I love him to death. He's been around here for ages and might make a fantastic AD but I just dont know if hes the guy people want to take over the Iron Throne. I think RV diluted the waters so bad that people just want to toss out the whole pail of water and get some fresh water from the tap somewhere else.

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 6

54 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Damn, that just gave me traumatic flashbacks from my publishing sales days.  Fortunately, or unfortunately as the case may be, I don't recognize too many of those that are used in accounting, though we certainly have our own industry specific cliches.

If you want to have fun with business cliches, try this link.  A real business bullschit generator!

http://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

• Upvote 2