MGB video: Morris talks about landing at UNT

Brett Vito

I always thought one of Hall's best attributes was his pocket presence and awareness.  He was not fast, but could be very difficult to catch and wrap up.  I think opposing DLs would underestimate how hard it was to get a hand on him.

I say that because his play against OU always resonated with me.  He noodled his way out of several would-be sacks to make some darn good throws.

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2016 at 0:56 PM, FirefightnRick said:

Other fans could care less what Scott Hall's individual performance stats were.  They laugh at our own closet wanna be Sooners, Longhorns and Tide T shirt alumni who trash our own best players.

Scott Hall won us games.  If you were in Las Cruces to witness the Miracle in the Desert game you would know that.  Scott was a badly needed leader at a time we hadn't seen at his position since Maher.   He demanded everyone around him to perform and he led by example, even playing a season with half a meniscus on one knee.    Though he has good QB stats he's in the HOF for his overall accomplishments........at North Texas, not at Alabama or Notre Dame.  It's ignorant to compare him with anyone else at other schools HOF's.

Rick

I think most of this could describe DT just as much as Hall and he should be in the NT HOF someday.

I think you could say that DT was a large part in our victory over a Ball State team that would go 10-3 that year in '13.

He also played a big role in our '13 bowl victory.

Thompson passed for 256 yards while completing 21 of 30 attempts. His 7-yard touchdown pass to tight end Drew Miller in the third quarter broke a 7-7 tie, while his 34-yard strike to Darnell Smith put UNT up, 28-7, in the fourth quarter and essentially iced the game for the Mean Green. Thompson left the game briefly in the first quarter after suffering a knee injury. He said the patella popped out in his right knee and had to be pushed back in. “He took some good shots,” UNLV head coach Bobby Hauck said. “We hit him, knocked him down, roughed him up. He got right back up and did a good job.”

Dare I say that the drop from Scott Hall to Daniel Meager was less noticeable than the drop from Derek Thompson to McNulty/Greer? Maybe it wasn't but it sure felt like it, at least as far as talent level goes.

@Harry It seems that youtube links work from google chrome but not internet explorer. 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1