Interesting New Helmet Design from Vicis

55 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

“I ask my wife things over and over again, and she’s like, ‘I just told you that,” he said.

Antwaan, this is not because of football.

Sitcom idea: forgetful, CTE-ravaged NFL player forced to live with UNT90 and discuss athletics. It would be like 50 First Dates, but with an infinite running time.

• Upvote 4

http://usafootball.com/health-safety/how-to-tackle

People are trying to make the sport safer, but it may take a while for this to take root.  Obviously (and unfortunately) many coaches still do as Quoner eluded to by "teaching tackling the same way they did two decades ago."  I just wanted to post this so that people know there are many youth leagues are trying to make the sport safer.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Quoner said:

Sitcom idea: forgetful, CTE-ravaged NFL player forced to live with UNT90 and discuss athletics. It would be like 50 First Dates, but with an infinite running time.

So like logging on to gmg but with amnesia? That sounds like heaven. 

6 hours ago, 97and03 said:

So like logging on to gmg but with amnesia? That sounds like heaven. 

But every day you'll look in the mirror and wonder why you have 1MARK tattooed across your chest.

• Upvote 2

This helmet design is pretty cool.  However, the video and examples are usually concerned with collisions from the top of the head.  What about the side impacts?  The ball carriers that get blind sided by tacklers and take hits to the ear sides of the helmets.   Still, this product is still being developed and looks like they are moving safety in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenRoadrunner said:

This helmet design is pretty cool.  However, the video and examples are usually concerned with collisions from the top of the head.  What about the side impacts?  The ball carriers that get blind sided by tacklers and take hits to the ear sides of the helmets.   Still, this product is still being developed and looks like they are moving safety in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1