Whare in the world did qb Conner Means go?

Chris Drybread

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

It's not a fair assumption, you're right. Although Means showed an improvement in mechanics from one year to the next, he showed bad accuracy.

Thing is, were the accuracy problems due to the adjustment to his mechanics? People mention his %comp in HS, so who the heck knows what's up.

When did means have a chance? When DT left Greer started and when he was hideous mcnulty was the guy for worse or much worse even when the total lacking of offence could not move the ball mainly to go the few passes that he was allowed to throw were always over or under thrown. When and why did they dump Greer if he and means are gone who backs up Moris ?

• Downvote 3

34 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

does not sound like a good translation. 

Not sure what you meant, but generally speaking both are fairly mobile QBs that can throw downfield, but have shown accuracy problems. Morris is more of the pocket passer.

4 minutes ago, Chris Drybread said:

When did means have a chance? 

Spring practices, scrimmages, and periscope observations.

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Not sure what you meant, but generally speaking both are fairly mobile QBs that can throw downfield, but have shown accuracy problems. Morris is more of the pocket passer.

Spring practices, scrimmages, and periscope observations.

He had to be better at least than air mcnulty I guess it all gose back to Mac and his man crush on the drunken sub par HS qb and career back up in collage.

24 minutes ago, Aldo said:

It wasn't good English but I got lazy. I was just saying a QB completing less than 50% in high school likely translates to less than that on the FBS level. Or, if anything, a tad higher.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Chris Drybread said:

He had to be better at least than air mcnulty I guess it all gose back to Mac and his man crush on the drunken sub par HS qb and career back up in collage.

McNulty and Greer are both, without a shade of doubt in my mind, the worst QBs that we have had to start a season in my 25 years of following the team. Scott Davis, Wendell Moseley, Mitch Maher, Jason Mills, Jason Attaway, Scott Hall, Daniel Meager, Riley Dodge, and Derek Thompson were all better to MUCH better than those two guys.

• Upvote 5

DT  became good his sr season meager was good when not forceing the ball into triple coverage to the mighty Jonny Quinn . Riley was good when he wasn't being murders behind his nonexistent o-line. I don't remember most of the others but the one that Matt Simon has who threw screen passes  higher than he did far. His name escapes me. Saddly your right he to made more plays than Greer and bucket mouth mcnulty.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Chris Drybread said:

DT  became good his sr season meager was good when not forceing the ball into triple coverage to the mighty Jonny Quinn . Riley was good when he wasn't being murders behind his nonexistent o-line. I don't remember most of the others but the one that Matt Simon has who threw screen passes  higher than he did far. His name escapes me. Saddly your right he to made more plays than Greer and bucket mouth mcnulty.

Jason Attaway was a walk-on QB from Sanger. He started for us in Dickey's opener at OU. Led us to victories over Boise State twice and Texas Tech in 1998 and 1999. He was the closest QB in that list to Greer and McNulty and yet was still miles ahead of either of them. McNulty just wasn't very good, but he was mentally tough. Greer might have had some talent when he got here, but when facing a real FBS defense, he looked scared to death. Greer actually made McNulty look less awful, which was not too easy to do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Jason Attaway was a walk-on QB from Sanger. He started for us in Dickey's opener at OU. Led us to victories over Boise State twice and Texas Tech in 1998 and 1999. He was the closest QB in that list to Greer and McNulty and yet was still miles ahead of either of them. McNulty just wasn't very good, but he was mentally tough. Greer might have had some talent when he got here, but when facing a real FBS defense, he looked scared to death. Greer actually made McNulty look less awful, which was not too easy to do.

Yes I agree, Greer equated to spurgyn Wynn  and mcnulty is more like Brandon weedon. HA listen to me I'm so qb starved mediocre conference USA qb or even spencer sanders ( the qb at my former HS )would look here so td deprived I miss Todd dodge at times.  I need to see the meangreen rise to prove to my self it can be done.

Edited by Chris Drybread
Typing errors
  • Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, Chris Drybread said:

Yes I agree, Greer equated to spurgyn Wynn  and mcnulty is more like Brandon weedon. HA listen to me I'm so qb starved mediocre conference USA qb or even spencer sanders ( the qb at my former HS )would look here so td deprived I miss Todd dodge at times.  I need to see the meangreen rise to prove to my self it can be done.

Can you explain this entire post a little more in depth? I'm not sure that I am following.

Smith should be the only QB from last year's team to be given a shot to start or backup. Everyone else should be given the option to change positions or transfer. It's a harsh reality, but the truth has been pointed out several times in this thread. There were no FBS level QBs on this roster last season.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Smith should be the only QB from last year's team to be given a shot to start or backup. Everyone else should be given the option to change positions or transfer. It's a harsh reality, but the truth has been pointed out several times in this thread. There were no FBS level QBs on this roster last season.

I couldn't agree more. Smith showed positive signs when no one else did. I want last year in the rear view. Let the other guys play Special Teams, reciever, or run the scout teams. Morris will most likely  be the starter though. Hopefully there are people blocking and catching.

The other 2 phases of the game are different threads...

Edited by UNTexas

1 hour ago, GangGreen said:

Can you explain this entire post a little more in depth? I'm not sure that I am following.

I ment to make the point that in all the years I've known what football was and Unt was my first ever football game to attend , they were beyond pethetic when I saw them for the first time playing mcneice state than dicky had 4 good years and almost got relevant than he gave up and nothing but bad football sence than bad qb's no o-line no defense sometimes a good halfback and sometimes a good WR than the dodge error but the scoreing was exiting but still losers. Than the old Irishman molded the team he inherited and won that bowl giving me hope only to see the dicky desaster repeat its self. In short I've never gotten to say to friends " HOW BOUT THAT MEANGREEN!" 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Didn't even complete 50% of his passes as a senior. That's rough for an FBS commit.

What the hell?   I didn't know that.  Why in the world were people running around hyping this guy up?  Now that I know this I want to withdraw all my comments requesting that we see him in the game.  Well unless they are considering putting Greer in the game.  Greer completes more than 50% of his passes, but 50% of those completed passes are to the other team.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Chris Drybread said:

Air mcnulty was drunk most of Jo's time ! Did Greer get dismissed cause of our excess of qb's? I know he wasn't good at playing football anymore but our depth there is not good with smith and Moris and than means at number 3? In 2017 if we don't bolster there than means is the hier appearant has anyone seen him sence the green white game his freshman year ? As to smith in goal line packages he can't throw accurately consistently he might do better as a wild cat qb

Except that he also fumbles a sh*t ton.  If he stays, move him to WR or special teams...but, not the returning kicks or punts-type of special teams until he is cured of fumblitis. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

Except that he also fumbles a sh*t ton.  If he stays, move him to WR or special teams...but, not the returning kicks or punts-type of special teams until he is cured of fumblitis. 

Agreed but he's a senior so he will pout about loseing his gig to a better qb till he graduated . Why did Greer leave of he quit football he loses his scholarship .

3 minutes ago, Chris Drybread said:

Agreed but he's a senior so he will pout about loseing his gig to a better qb till he graduated . Why did Greer leave of he quit football he loses his scholarship .

We'll see how far the pouting/shouting at coaches gets him with the new coaching staff.  Canales/McCarney caved in to him because...well, even though they knew he was terrible, he wasn't any more or less terrible than they other guys they'd tried.

My guess is Smith's pouting act does not go very far with Littrell & Company.  And, I'll even go so far as to predict that if he's "unseated" from the starting position during spring practice, he packs his bags and heads home when the semester is over.  He doesn't seem to have the head for competition - which, really, begins off the field in the weight room and film room from January through the beginning of fall practices..

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chris Drybread said:

What is it you don't like is it hard to read ? Or you don't agree? Or you don't understand ? I'm not having a stroke . 

Very hard it is to your posts read when you typing in run on sentences with grammar horrendous makes things near impossible understanding. You see can when jumbled everything is in sentences run on. 

POAJXa7.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, HarringtonFishSmeller said:

We'll see how far the pouting/shouting at coaches gets him with the new coaching staff.  Canales/McCarney caved in to him because...well, even though they knew he was terrible, he wasn't any more or less terrible than they other guys they'd tried.

My guess is Smith's pouting act does not go very far with Littrell & Company.  And, I'll even go so far as to predict that if he's "unseated" from the starting position during spring practice, he packs his bags and heads home when the semester is over.  He doesn't seem to have the head for competition - which, really, begins off the field in the weight room and film room from January through the beginning of fall practices..

I had doubts about his commitment and detication when he missed spring practice when he transferd .

5 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Very hard it is to your posts read when you typing in run on sentences with grammar horrendous makes things near impossible understanding. You see can when jumbled everything is in sentences run on. 

POAJXa7.gif

I apologize for my bad typing I will do better. some times it's hard to be totally accurate on a I phone , especially when auto correct messes things up on occasion just as I push the post button.

I'm sorry for my horrible mistakes. That said , is it realy  necessary to be insulting about it? 

• Upvote 2