Dan McCarney House is for sale

Harry

Im gonna miss Mac in a lot of ways. There just arent a lot of guys out there that will buy into UNT like that guy did. I just think the game passed him by as a head coach. he will be a heck of a position coach or coordinator for a big program next year for sure! 

• Upvote 2

Im gonna miss Mac in a lot of ways. There just arent a lot of guys out there that will buy into UNT like that guy did. I just think the game passed him by as a head coach. he will be a heck of a position coach or coordinator for a big program next year for sure! 

I would miss him a lot more if he hadn't blatantly used favoritism over ability just to make a family friend happy

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I would miss him a lot more if he hadn't blatantly used favoritism over ability just to make a family friend happy

I'm not sure how much I believe this anymore. There was that story about Canales/Smith and how Smith really wasn't ready until a shouting match with Canales where he bought in and started doing the work. 

Mac probably could've pushed Smith harder, but it sounds like him being ready to start mentally is a recent development.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I like him as a person too. Hope he finds the right gig for himself. Just too stubborn to be a FBS HC in this era IMO. We all have to learn to accept change as time goes by.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I saw Mac last Thursday morning at Anytime Fitness off Swisher Rd. He was wearing a North Texas hat and when I walked by him he immediately asked me how was I doing this morning.  I wasn't wearing any NT gear, either. He's just a genuinely nice guy. Too bad it didn't work out.....

• Upvote 5

i flew into the house on google earth and it seems really out of place for that neighborhood.  it's like they just bought up lots of lots and built...very nice house, but not the norm for that neighborhood.,.

the house is that of the Sheltons who owned all the land that Sundown Ranch was built on. They built that house for themselves in the back of the property. 

I think I discovered the answer to the age-old mystery.

I went to the listing on Realtor.com and looked at the photos of that beautiful home. Photo #17 answers the mystery of Ray.

I think I discovered the answer to the age-old mystery.

I went to the listing on Realtor.com and looked at the photos of that beautiful home. Photo #17 answers the mystery of Ray.

link?  Inquiring minds want to know!

link?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Here you go. You will have to scroll through the pictures to #17. An empty bed, an altar perhaps?

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2813-Clubhouse-Dr_Denton_TX_76210_M78415-00327

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure how much I believe this anymore. There was that story about Canales/Smith and how Smith really wasn't ready until a shouting match with Canales where he bought in and started doing the work. 

Mac probably could've pushed Smith harder, but it sounds like him being ready to start mentally is a recent development.

Narrative.

• Downvote 1