Southern Miss Travel

EagleTime

:huh:

I would rather withdraw $500 from my bank account in crisp $20 bills, burn them one-by-one, and mix the ashes into a high colonic enema.

Is that vivid enough for you?

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2

Well....  you can keep little Ricky V.  LOL.  I am from Southern Miss.  I am sorry you guys have him, but I am glad we don't.

Just wanted to see who was coming and answer any questions about the area and the team your folks might have.  Just looking for a good conersation.

In reading your board you guys sound like we have sounded the past three years.  I am truly sorry.

• Upvote 4

I am coming.  I know everything I need to know about the area.

#1 Beau Rivage

#2 Fallen Oak golf course

#3 football game

When we joined the conference me and two buddies decided this was our standing every other year guys trip.

Fly in to biloxi on friday.  yada yada

football on saturday yada yada yada

golf on sunday yada cowboys and saints at bar yada yada

fly home monday

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Well....  you can keep little Ricky V.  LOL.  I am from Southern Miss.  I am sorry you guys have him, but I am glad we don't.

Just wanted to see who was coming and answer any questions about the area and the team your folks might have.  Just looking for a good conersation.

In reading your board you guys sound like we have sounded the past three years.  I am truly sorry.

Please let me clarify my comments to reflect that they have nothing to do with your people, institution or town. It has everything to do with the prospects of having to come up with travel costs just to witness another non-competitive beatdown of our football team. We're just not competitive this year. Congratulations on USM's turnaround and apparent upward trend.

• Upvote 1

EagleMBA I didn't take it that way at all.  I appreciate your comments though.  Like I said, we have been there recently.  Actually, the past three years. I believe you have to be there to understand.

This is the first time in quite a while that we can enter games expecting a good outcome.  We actually have hope, and an expectation, for a winning season this year.  I will be the first to admit that we were spoiled.  We thought winning was easy.  I have been around the program over 30 years and I will never take a 7 - 5 record and a lower bowl appearance for granted again.

We are 5 - 4 all time versus you guys.  The largest margin of victory for us was 26 - 0 in 1955.  The largest for the Mean Green was 55 - 14 in 2013.

• Upvote 2

I saw where someone posted about our performance against a running quarterback.  I am interested in seeing how we defend if McNulty isn't a runner.  We have been playing more of a contain in the pocket and try to hurry the throw type pressure defense.  Everyone we have faced has been very dangerous when flushed out of the pocket.  I really don't know what we have defensively against a non-running QB.

This game will be interesting.  We can score....but we haven't stopped anyone yet. (I am excluding Austin Peay in all comparisons)

• Upvote 1

Wow!  What are the chances of us seeing your number 2 guy?  I saw that mentioned.

Our 2 is more athletic than our 1, but doesn't have as good a handle on the offense.  He is a better runner and has a stronger, but slightly less accurate arm.  Our 2 transferred from TCU and sat out last year.

We have lots of transfers.